Space Law Addendum Regarding Cloning

SomeGuy9283

Because of the emotional and neurological trauma associated with death, a victim's testimony is not sufficient for a murder conviction. A search, autopsy, or other forensic examination must reveal further evidence for legitimate conviction. Security cannot tracking implant persons lacking any physical evidence of murder.

If victim A is cloned and reports suspect B to security, some other physical, forensic, or testimonial evidence, security can do nothing more than search B and let him go.

This originated out of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9493&start=10

I fully support this, especially because of the autocloning device. You kill him, hide/destroyed the body, but 4 minutes later you are hunted down by security, because the clone went life and told security everything about you.

Playing dumb has always been something Paradise was trying to avoid. Why add it in this very specific instance?

This way of making things work is really...not ideal. It's already very silly to execute someone without any evidence of a murder other than a testimony of a single person, and if someone screams at you that X was their murderer, you're going to investigate the whole crime anyway.

I think it's more down to the general opinion about the way people want to play the game. As I said, the server has been (for a LONG time) trying to avoid the idea of dividing the player's and their character's knowledge for the sake of a better experience. I don't think it's likely to change.

I see no difference to the fact, that you are not allowed to use knowledge you gain as a ghost.

And what should an antag do if his target was stored in the cloner. He has no way to stop the cloning process, even if he destroyed the orginal body.

It is even more difficult because the cloning is instant, you have the handle the dead body in the same two minutes where it is getting cloned.

In this case(dna stored in cloner or disk), if you are not a medic with cloning access, you are fucked.

One solution could be to make cloning a long and limited function. Cloning- Geneticmodification / Surgeries - Psychological Treatment up to 20 minutes of work. Or reduce the number of cloning operations in a shift to a set number of 5 or less.

Isn't this the case that you can't go off hear-say from unofficial/non sec personnel for actually arresting the person? Like you still need to get concrete evidence to arrest, but you can use hear-say to get tipped off and search in the first place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use