Nerv the Syndicate piercing bullet

BiberDark

A while ago i played as ai and syndicate operatives killed me in an instant.

What happend ? They didn´t even enter my sat or were near my satelite. The choose the right position out of range and fired their weapons.

The bulletsound was the last thing i heard before i checked the satelite. This bullets pierced through more then 3 reinforced and some normal walls. The should e restricted to pierce through only one. Even it is a railgun in a handy format it could not pierce 20 meters of massive (high-hardness armor).

- Restrict to pass only one layer of reinfoced walls

- Restict to pass only 2 layers of normal walls

I know saying "I Ded Ples Nerf" is basically a meme at this point, but... this is entirely what this post is.

You got killed by something that is working literally as it was designed to work. Such is life.

saying "I Ded Ples Nerf" is basically a meme at this point, but... this is entirely what this post is.

You got killed by something that is working literally as it was designed to work. Such is life.

I will say that the 'i ded plz nrf' meme only has credence if there is some form of counter play that is viable without severe cases of metagaming.

In the case of the AI, what exactly do you suggest they could do to protect themself against bullets fired by an assailant they don't have any means of detecting?

You can't just declare something like that without a counterargument or logical means of defending yourself. I.E. if someone says e-sword op you reply disarm intent, banana or bucket of water. These penetrator rounds are about as bad the old syndiborgs that could remotely open and unbolt doors without ever once triggering a core alert, there was no counterplay aside from straight up bolt and depowering every door in the core, which was deemed metagaming/powergaming and not something an AI should do.

TBF if the AI gets killed in that way and nobody notices there's other issues at hand, stuff like that is exactly what penetrator rounds are for.

It's just the price you pay for having that nifty super-secure satellite, borgs should really get an alert when their master AI is terminated though if only so somebody notices.

There is no issue with these bullets in my opinion, they can only be used with the sniper rifle which is a rather hefty investment if only used to kill the AI. They are intended to be powerful although expensive. They are limited in practicality against the crew, providing some balance.

This would all be true if the current AI setup didn't render the turrets completely ineffective against raiders because they are located against perimeter walls of the core, making it easy for any intruder or AI slayer with an RCD or ability to rip down R-walls to assault the AI without taking damage. Why does there also need to be a method to taking down the AI without any reasonable detection or counter-play when it's already possible to kill the AI without risking damage to yourself?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use