Randomize/shuffle the random stuff hidden in the walls

alexpkeaton

So, everyone knows that hidden behind certain walls are some easter eggs: rainbow attire next to the cargo disposal processing, a basketball above maint next to cargo/mining maintenance, some fuzzy cuffs in the brig, a bananium coin at telecomms.

We should institute a system similar to the maintenance loot system for these areas. A list of mostly unique items that change every shift. But, at the same time, have a singificant chance that the area has absolutely nothing, something completely worthless/useless, a kitten/corgi pup, a miniscule chance of some OP traitor item, and also a small chance of the area starting filled with plasma gas. Nothing that will cause massive damage or a shuttle call, just enough to cause surprise, a little panic, and give the atmos techs something to do.

As I have alluded to above, this shouldn't be limited to the hidden areas on the Cyberiad proper alone, but also on all such areas on all z-levels.

I know I'm killing this suggestion by saying this, but there should be a RIDICULOUSLY RARE chance that such areas spawn with a live facehugger. Because !!FUN!!

This seems pretty doable.

But, I ask you: is it worth it?

Suppose you're looking for a specific rare item, like the basketball in HoP maint. Are you ok with NEVER finding it, because the RNG meant it never spawned anywhere that shift?

Is that a better experience that them always being in the same places?

This seems pretty doable.

But, I ask you: is it worth it?

Suppose you're looking for a specific rare item, like the basketball in HoP maint. Are you ok with NEVER finding it, because the RNG meant it never spawned anywhere that shift?

Is that a better experience that them always being in the same places?

For me, absolutely it is fine. Maybe others might have an issue with it, but not me. I think discovery is what makes this game fun, and there is not a lot new stuff to discover. I think that is what made the maintenance loot system so popular.

Now people who play engineering all the time might have a problem with people just cutting through the station for these items. I don't think that's a big deal because most of it borders on maintenance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use