Stop sec from wrongful repossession.

Holyass

About this flow of command TullyBBurnalot. I have a couple things I'd like to be clarified.

-Should an IAA be adminhelping when they have a fax machine? I thought the purpose of the IAA was to give an in character way of contacting central. That being said an Adminhelp while not as pretty on the paperwork is often much quicker and allows the admin to ask questions without formatting their own paperwork. Should IAAs default to the fax machine or adminhelps for shitcurity issues?

-Should I just be giving up and going for admin intervention if steps 1 through 3 fail or should I try to bend the captain's ear? I've always assumed contacting Central was the absolute last resort but you seem to imply that if you needed to go that far in the first place then admins should be involved. At how many levels of incompetence should adminhelp be used?

-How much leeway should be given in stressful situations. Yes, ideally space law is followed originally or corrections handled promptly. But when Jhonny B Graytide comes to the IAA after whining about shitsec on the radio for 10 minutes. And at the same time sec is dealing with shadowcultbloblings. Is there a point the IAA should just say 'Man up and deal with it, come back when we're not under code red'. The last thing I want to do as an IAA is make things harder on sec when they're in a rough situation already. I feel in character its not a priority but it should still be handled by someone.

Point 1) It is recommended to, if you can, do so using the fax machine. It allows you to also provide actual evidence in a lot more easy, as you can send all the evidence you need in a singular fax report (paper stack), which is actually VERY useful for us. If they can get to an IAA, handling it via fax is better. Otherwise, the person in question may just adminhelp directly if they cannot get a hold of an IAA, the IAA is ignoring them, or there is no IAA at all, also applying to Magistrate and NanoTrasen Representative.

Point 2) You can technically also talk to the Captain, Magistrate, and NanoTrasen Representative. Captain is the Head of Security's boss, Magistrate is to ensure the law is being followed (and IAA's boss), and the NanoTrasen Representative is the next best person to get a hold of the Captain if the Captain isn't listening. If these people are busy, unavailable, or not responsive, then directly messaging Central with a full report is wise. Otherwise, a cursory fax while you get in contact with one of the others to let the Department of Internal Affairs, NAS Trurl, know of the issue. If it grabs an admins attention, it's possible an admin will respond directly, but having too much could make us not read through it, especially if we know someone else on the station (like the Captain) is already handling it.

Point 3) Space Law and Standard Operating Procedure are both subject to nullification under extreme situations. Obvious things, such as blobs, xenomorph outbreaks, mass chaos from any other antag, etc, tend to cause these things to go out the window, as long as these things are focused towards the situation. Someone taking the chaos as an excuse to be shit for the sake of being shit to someone is still in violation of Space Law and SOP for their crimes, but if armed security are fighting a blob and a civilian gets in the way of their shots and dies, it's not murder. It is situational. If you yourself are not doing something as IAA in these situations, you can be expected to at least hear them out and let them know what you CAN do once the current situation is handled. Context is key, remember that. If security is so down on officers that the Detective/Brig Physician have to step in, the law doesn't just stop. SOP may very well be tossed out, and they may be expected to help apprehend criminals/handle processing.

In addition to everything that was already said, you can legitimately make a case for it being Robbery/Theft if Security illegally confiscates equipment. Which means yes, you can make a case for anyone doing that to be arrested themselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use