Blob Handling

Love-To-Hug

Discord name: Love-To-Hug#6238

Complaint: Right now there is no consistency among the admins on handling mid-round blobs. Sometimes, everyone is allowed to escape via the end of shift shuttle. Sometimes it is recalled. Sometimes you are expected to nuke the station. Sometimes that's seen as a bad thing because people don't get their greentext.

Command/ERT members often have to 'guess' what to do leaving to a lot of indecision, it all is based on what admins are on at the time. I understand that Administrator discretion is a big part of events in general, however I personally feel like this is something that should be handled more consistently across the board to reduce confusion.

I just got out of a round where the nuclear codes were given to us, however I was told by an admin that they did NOT want the station nuked because that would ruin all the greentext from the traitors who worked very hard that round. On the other side of the coin, I've always personally felt like traitors should try to ensure their own survival by trying to destroy the blob (or at least not making matters worse) because if the blob wins than no one wins. Which is, I imagine, part of the problem, and why administrators all choose to handle the blob differently.

I would like to see the administration establish a more rigid protocol on the blob that is much more rarely deviated from. Right now the general rule that you can't evacuate is enforced at a coin flip at best.

I was the admin who allowed the shuttle call.

Reasons:

- If I had not allowed the shuttle call by command, the crew transfer vote which passed around that time would have forced the shuttle anyway.

- There was no point in denying evac to force the crew to fight the blob, as the blob was already well past containment.

- At that point, our only options were nuke, evac, or evac + nuke after shuttle docks. I went with evac + nuke after shuttle docked, because that avoided spoiling the greentext for the antags who were working for it, but at the same time gave dramatic tension to the station's final moments.

Simply not allowing the shuttle at all wasn't really an option, because of the crew transfer vote passing.

Simply nuking the station wasn't a great idea because it would have been less fun for all, especially the antags.

I agree that an active blob should usually warrant a shuttle recall.

That said, there are some exceptions (e.g: crew transfer shuttle).

I believe that a rigid policy which, for example, forced us to ignore the results of player votes would be a bad thing.

In the lore a blob that takes over enough of the station, they are then able to fire spores at other space stations and infect them.

Lore-wise allowing a shuttle rather than a nuke would be an unforgivable sin for CC.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use