update to custom borg icon coding

shazbot194

Hello, while working on my last suggestion, I had the idea on how possibly update the custom borg icon coding. Unlike my other suggestions, I am posting a sample code and a how to install it, so people can test it out. I know it can probably be cut down some and optimized but it does work as of now. https://github.com/shazbot194/new_custom_borgs

There are a couple reasons I can think of to use this instead of the code already in.

* It lets one person have multiple custom icons to pick from at the same time.

* It lets people share the same sprite without having a lot of copies of that same sprite in custom_synthetic.dmi.

* It lets people switch back and forth from custom and default icons when seeing which icon they want to use.

* It lets custom spawned borgs pick their icons, i.e. syndi and death squad.

Feel free to try my code out and tell me what you think.

This is exactly why we use GitHub. :P

Wait until the freeze is over and post a PR with comments on why this is better than the current option.

It's not really a big enough chunk of the game to warrant a discussion here and as long as it's well implemented, it has a rather good chance of being accepted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use