Bram's mapping ideas

Kluys

During my time on this server i have noticed a few things that can be changed about the map,

I attempted to use dreammaker to make these changes and i think most of them turned out pretty good.

I also saved them in a difrent .dmm file so if these changes are apriciated i am more then happy to upload it somewhere.

here are the examples up until now http://imgur.com/a/8tBLI#0

image 1: some might know this setup already since i play surgeon alot, the main change here is the extra table added to both of the operating tables and the way the items on these tables are arranged.

The disposal bin is moved one tile to the left to accomodate for the extra table and because of this the freezer, O-bloodpack table and the iv drip have also been moved. Over the course of a few weeks i've already gained alot of positive feedback over this setup because it is MUCH easier to grab some of the tools this way.

image 2: Here i removed some of the clutter from the atmospherics bay, in this picture I only show the tables in the south western corner to be removed but there are some other things that might be removed as well like the mixing stations in the north west and the wall seperating the north east corner from the rest of atmospheric's. In my opinion fooling around with atmospherics is fun and usually also pretty helpfull too the rest of the station, the main problem with this is that there is VERY little room to build things.

image 3: added a tiny piece of wall below the bomb making area mass driver so it isnt exposed to space anymore... i dont know why this wall was removed because its usually there on other servers

image 4: removed the 2 emitters left and right off the supermatter engine, since the supermatter engine only needs 4 bursts to power the entire station its useless to have 3 emitters firing at it and for people who are new too the supermatter engine it can even be confusing.

image 5: Since the pods were added i thought we might replace the currently never used artillery and turn it into some kind of podbay.

The pods do what you expect them to do, you go inside of them and zoom off into space to explore.

The bluespace artillery....... I have absolutely no clue what it does since its never ever used.

The bluespace artillery is the admin's grief weapon of choice a very big cannon that can blow massive holes in the station and can only be used by the admins

I believe that it can be used on special request to gib anyone in a specific area outside of the station walls. Don't quote me on that unless you are quoting that I am right. Otherwise I look like an idiot, and I don't want that.

getting a bit of topic here i think the main things that should be considered would be idea 1 2 and 4. since they would make spacestation 13 a littlebit easier to understand for new players and a littlebit less of a hassle

• 3 weeks later...

well i just joined after a long break of ss13. Seems the surgical bay now also has new trauma packs on those tables there making it even harder to grab some of the stuff and i think those extra tables could fix it along with the difrent arrangement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use