Rule Clarification: When NOT to take SSD to Cryo

HugoLuman

We should probably add something to the rules to clarify situations where taking SSD people to cryo runs the risk of killing those SSD people. While these might seem extremely specific, someone new to the server would be likely not to know the dangers that these pose:

-Taking someone to cryo while you have the radiation mutation. They'll get dosed constantly from being adjacent, and this can easily kill them if the trip is long enough.

-Taking someone to cryo while infected with a virus. Depending on the vector, SSD people getting infected is hard to avoid, but it'd be better not to increase the risk factor of someone who might only be temporarily disconnected.

-Taking someone to cryo through an area with an atmos leak. Might seem obvious, but I've seen it happen. Someone in a hardsuit, or who is a diona, might not notice the area is hazardous

Edited by Guest

We've been throwing around a rule rewrite recently which is...about 9 pages. I think adding basically, "If it's safe to do so" should cover the general intent. However it's one of those things where ignorance of game mechanics is the cause mostly, not maliciousness, which the rules can't easily address.

The thing is, the harm is not intentional, but rather caused by ignorance. Including some of these as a brief example in the rules could help inform new players to prevent such mistakes. They have to read the rules, and most do, but they are less likely to read up on genetics, virology, or atmospherics.

Again, you'd think so, but this is where people unfamiliar with the game can pose a great risk to others without even picking dangerous roles. I've seen it happen. Providing some examples with the rule (especially the first two, being relatively more obscure mechanics from a newb point of view) could prevent people from having to learn the hard way

Situation 1: A player intentionally or 'accidentally' drags an SSD player somewhere they die. This is punishable under the normal player killing/SSD rules.

Situation 2: A player accidentally injures an SSD player by dragging them somewhere dangerous. A little dumb, sure, but not something that needs punishing. If they keep it up, it's clearly not accidental anymore.

I'm not seeing a reason for an amendment here in the rules, personally, it seems like these situations are already covered.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use