Add DonkSoft crates

shazbot194

What color what you like security's foam riot guns and darts to be.  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7Zgm7rR.png

In order, Foam force blue, Possibly NT blue, Syndi Red, Safety Orange, Code Green Green

I was looking though some of the items and saw that there was DonkSoft smgs and lmg loaded with riot foam darts. These are purchasable by nuke-ops but after thinking about it, they would be a good alternative to normal non-lethals.

Balance wise, they are slightly weaker shot per shot then both disabler and tasers. Having the downside of both tasers and disabler with the upside of foam balistics.

1S0mp3k.png

b5F7WIM.png

DonkSoft guns do 25 stamina damage and cannot go though windows. The Donksoft Smg has a capacity of 20 and the DonkSoft Lmg has a capasity of 50. One other advantage they have is they can burst fire, which shoots 2 (smg) or 3 (lmg) shots but it still has a slightly slower rate of fire then disablers, aswell the lmg has to be held with "2 hands" or recoil can knock it out of your hands.

rGWeCff.png

Disabler do 35 stamina damage and can go though windows and always have 20 rounds.

oCKTp4k.png

Finally tasers cannot go though windows but are an insta-stun with 5 shots on a hybrid taser and 2 on a normal taser.

One special advantage Donksoft weapons have is that their ammo can be re-used, meaning its possible to use them longer then either tasers or disabler since there is almost no downtime charging them. While this may not be good for large open areas, it could lend very well to smaller areas such as the Brig, maintenance tunnels, or offices. Plus, who doesn't want to see the great nerf war between the nuke ops and the station for the nuke disk.

2nZ8hcW.pngcKooJmD.png

As for the possible price, since they are serve a similar role to disabler and tasers, they could have a similar price of 10 points for 3 smgs or 15 points for 2 lmg with replacement ammo being 5 points for 1 box of 40 rounds. Spare mags could also be 10 points for 6 smg mags or 4 lmg mags. As well as requiring a security id to unlock them. I don't think adding the ammo to the autolathe unless hacked would be a good idea however as that could mean cargo can hand out disabler like weapons to everyone.

i47caMn.pngJiC75QN.png0adbNeT.png

Lore wise, why would DonkSoft even be willing to sell to NT? Well, aren't they owned by Donk Co. who sells Donk Pockets and have at some point had peace talks as an event? Plus why not fill a competitor's station with non-lethal weapons so they might not go for lethals or insta-stun tasers.

Feel free to post your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions.

Edited after a little more research into cargo pricing. Also edited format and added a couple pics

Edited by Guest

Heh, at first I thought you were suggesting adding crates of Donk Pocket boxes for cargo to order, heh. Which would be good too...

Buy two DonkSoft SMGs, get a free box of donks! Donk pockets: when you're too lazy and/or injured for real food!

Sure would be funny if there is a declaration of war from nukies, and since the donksoft weapons might be cheaper than the shotguns, the station will get armed with them, while the ops also decided to go for the donksoft weapons, and the fight devolves into one big foamforce fight.

Sure would be funny if there is a declaration of war from nukies, and since the donksoft weapons might be cheaper than the shotguns, the station will get armed with them, while the ops also decided to go for the donksoft weapons, and the fight devolves into one big foamforce fight.

...We MUST do this. NT vs. Syndies dart tag gamemode when?!?!

Here is what could be added to the code to add it to the server by adding it to code/datum/supply_packs.dm

/datum/supply_packs/security/DonkLmg

_name = "DonkSoft Lmg Crate"

_contains = list(/obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/automatic/l6_saw/toy,

_____/obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/automatic/l6_saw/toy)

_cost = 15

_containername = "DonkSoft Lmg crate"

/datum/supply_packs/security/DonkSmg

_name = "DonkSoft Smg Crate"

_contains = list(/obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/automatic/c20r/toy,

_____/obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/automatic/c20r/toy,

_____/obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/automatic/c20r/toy)

_cost = 10

_containername = "DonkSoft Smg crate"

/datum/supply_packs/security/DonkSmgMag

_name = "DonkSoft Smg Ammo Crate"

_contains = list(/obj/item/ammo_box/magazine/toy/smgm45,

_____/obj/item/ammo_box/magazine/toy/smgm45,

_____/obj/item/ammo_box/magazine/toy/smgm45)

_cost = 10

_containername = "DonkSoft Smg Ammo crate"

/datum/supply_packs/security/DonkLmgMag

_name = "DonkSoft Lmg Ammo Crate"

_contains = list(/obj/item/ammo_box/magazine/toy/m762,

_____/obj/item/ammo_box/magazine/toy/m762)

_cost = 10

_containername = "DonkSoft Lmg Ammo crate"

/datum/supply_packs/security/DonkAmmo

-name = "DonkSoft Ammo Crate"

-contains = list(/obj/item/ammo_box/foambox/riot,

_____/obj/item/ammo_box/foambox/riot,

_____/obj/item/ammo_box/foambox/riot)

-cost = 10

-containername = "DonkSoft Ammo crate"

I am also 100% in favor of a massive nerf fight for the nuke disk.

Good god these are Swat 4 paintball guns all over again.

GET-GET-GET-GET-GET-POLICE GET ON THE GROUND!

They should spawn in the non-secure armory

Make security meme-swat? Would be fun actually.

[security] Steve Reynolds says, "You're in my spot, sir."

One possible idea to make the station and the syndies not share equipment, if someone has reserves about that, could be to make a new line riot foam guns. I made a possible mock-up, this is my first sprite and is a little rough, but is definitely different from the syndi-oriented line. Although this is less likely with the content freeze.

DeLMNPU.png

One possible idea to make the station and the syndies not share equipment, if someone has reserves about that, could be to make a new line riot foam guns. I made a possible mock-up, this is my first sprite and is a little rough, but is definitely different from the syndi-oriented line. Although this is less likely with the content freeze.

DeLMNPU.png

Foam pulse destroyer? Damn, I like it. Also make foam NT smg then.

Here is a foam force smg that comes loaded with the green "NT" riot foam darts with proper green muzzle. I also added the burst/single fire indicator to the riot foam gun (probably will be re-named), and submitted a fix the the foam force smg's magazine icon.

RdmVgjn.png

I might also remake the donksoft ones in green with the green riot darts loaded too, and maybe if its not too hard, add another tab to cargo and move all foam force over to it. Then save the files somewhere and upload the PR after the freeze is over.

Question though, Do you guys like the green tips for the Sec team's riot weapons, or should I use a bright orange, or stick to the normal syndi red? Or should it be some other color? Made a poll.

ds0okeQ.png

I am probably putting way too much though into this as all of these are working.

Id prefer NT blue for the crew variant foam guns, particularly because I can totally see amber erts being set up with these things.

Orange would be fine as well, but keep syndired to actual syndi items

I agree that keeping it to NT blue would be a good idea, but it might be a problem with the fact normal foam force darts are blue. Making it something like green or orange a better option in my opinion, but red should definitely be kept to syndi, which always annoyed and confused me because security is black and red, but that is a topic for another day.

N61oTx9.png

How is this, NT blue is on the left, and Foam Force Blue on the right.

If you didn't tell me, I'd say NT blue was on the right. I like the darker blue. It's more NT to me.

Oops, guess I am more tired then I think

I agree that keeping it to NT blue would be a good idea, but it might be a problem with the fact normal foam force darts are blue.

Isn't the entire point of the toys to confuse and kickback false positives? Capguns make the same sound as revolvers, and toy e-swords mimic the sounds of drawing and attacking as their actually lethal inspiration. Heck even laser tag guns do the misty screen overlay and make you THINK you've been shot when you don't actually take damage (I just watched an assistant get x-ray'd into crit a few days ago because he laser tagged a sec officer.) Really just adds another reason these weapons should be offset blue so you have to actually examine the weapon to know what it is.

I'd suggest adding an NT Blue option to the poll, as it seems people are voting Confusing Blue and there are two variants that it could be.

• 3 weeks later...

This post needs some Ephedrine and cryodip STAT!

Quickly, here is all the icons I made. Even a posible pulse rifle that shoots mega darts.

https://github.com/shazbot194/Shazbots_toys

Now the Stechkin, Saber, c20r, L6, mega pulse rifle have all the possible color minus Foam force blue.

Edited by Guest

Does security really need a buff? :v

It's not like the balance of security is in a place that would warrant a buff to the department. I've long been an almost lone supporter of removing a certain aspect of their armament, but adding more guns that are incredibly powerful is something I think not many people an get behind.

While it sure sounds like a cool idea, there's just no way to balance this properly, because if the guns end up being useless, nobody will use them, while if they prove to be powerful, they'll be the go-to pick for security, rendering their other gear, again, useless.

This doesn't really make the game more interesting, as security already has a set of ranged weapons they can use to subdue both single targets and riots (not like any ever happen anyway).

I like the sprites and all, but I don't see this getting accepted into the code.

My understanding of these weapons sets was that they are to be a low-cost alternative tool, with similar functionality as the Autorifles but entirely minded for stun.

In 1 to 1 combat they would be inferior to hybrid tasers as their pershot stamina drain is lower.

But having high capacity of darts for each gun, somewhat faster firing speed and ability to carry plentiful amounts of spare ammunition would allow security (or team antags) to utilize them for sustained fights or large scale crowd control when you don't particularly want to kill everyone see.

Ideally, these items would have a burst fire and relatively inaccurate firing arc per weapon (similar to how real life nerf guns rarely shoot straight) and either be cheaper per crate and/or come with more weapons and darts per crate. I can definitely see QMs and CTs teams viaing to get these as their nonlethal nature allows them to keep intruders out of cargo while also not falling under the dangerous weapon category making them a low priority for security in terms of crimes and illegal items, possibly even encouraged in shadowling or cult rounds (and rev and gang if those ever return/get ported) when command/security doesn't want to see cargo fall to conversion and start supplying their enemies with guns.

And as stated above, these would be a rather niche weapon set perfect for Amber ERTs as they are capable of controlling a situation without causing mass casualties, and given that Security loves to use items associated with ERTs they might go out of their way to get a set like SWAT gear crates that regularly found their way to security despite not being needed on the station at all.

tl;dr are these absolutely needed or an answer to a problem on the server? No. Do they add variety, choice and a fun alternative to riot control and team combat? Yes, and so long as they are balanced I feel that's actually what the server needs. These aren't meant to be a buff, they are a side-grade for those that prefer an abundance of firepower without fear of killing bystanders.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use