Complaint about a temporary job ban

vverti

First off, I would like to start this off by saying that while this angers me to no end, I will keep a cool head during this, and attempt to back up my statements, with what I hope to be substantial evidence.

To begin my statement I would like to begin by saying what it is I am complaining about.

Clown Cult.zip

58bea2919ec3c_yetanother.PNG.e795dd3763c4f001c03445a891b873d5.PNG

asdfasdfdasfasdfasdf.PNG.847697e1a0506c66b34eb8ad41ee7941.PNG

58bea2919ec3c_yetanother.PNG.e795dd3763c4f001c03445a891b873d5.PNG

Oh, sorry, I meant to do that when I started, but then I thought I should write it while I still had my thoughts collected, I apologize for that.

Admin Key: The team of admins that was on at the time. I only have the name of one of them though, so LightFire53

Date 8/26 at around 12:30- 1:00 AM UTC

Again, I apologize for this, Iegit thought I had

After reading through the logs of the entire situation, both say and ahelp, I can understand how you'd see this as unfair. You were acting in the stations best interest and chose to go more on the side of caution. However, in terms of administrative issues, due to your previous notes and how the situation looked from a rules and player experience standpoint, you did end up killing an innocent player without 100% certain proof, even though you did get the baddie in the end. The job ban applied was incredibly short compared to most placed job bans these days, and for the reasons applied, it doesn't actually seem like something that would be considered poor practice or abusive.

While you may have deemed it necessary, admins will have the final say on whether or not it was fully acceptable. He was right telling you that being a changeling doesn't inherently make them EoC or a full on execution offense so long as they don't have any confirmed capital crimes, which, as you worded it, had only reportedly occured (although I don't know if you pressed further into it and got solid evidence via medical scans or visible and harmful actions against your officers or just heard that the two had assaulted officers and took it for the truth). I mostly think that the issue arose from taking the detectives word for it and frying + lethal injectoring people on his suspicion.

In the end, while you did do something in a way that I can see as reasonable, I don't think that this is complaint valid in the sense that LightFire has done something inherently wrong in terms of handling the situation. I'll leave this open a bit so you can reply or submit additional issues you might have, in addition to a rebuttal or other such things that would have us push a bit further into this.

tldr; While I can see why you did what you did, I don't think LightFire did anything inherently wrong in his handling and decision making process. I'm leaving this open for your feedback, critique, or otherwise for the next 48 hours. No reply means the complaint will be closed, but can be reopened if you PM a senior about issues you might have with the verdict.

Hi.

So I'm the person you electric chaired.

From my situation, this is what happened

I find out that two people in the bar has suddenly changed into me, I go there and find out who it was, I knock down the Changeling (being the greytide shit that I am) and tell a security officer to arrest him (greytide). We go to Security, HoS comes, Changeling turns HoS into me so the HoS knows that the guys a Changeling and he pulls us off to the execution room, he tells us he's going to be right back, and he leaves. Changeling turns me into some random crew member and tries to unbuckle. I keep on hitting him and we both call for HoS to come back, he doesn't come back but instead the Detective does. Arguments happen and the Changeling turns Detective into me (I think) and causes more arguments with me being cuffed. This guy comes along, puts me in Electric chair and gets changed as well, he starts to beat up the Detective but then the Changeling blames it on me and so I get electric chaired eventually and he gets injected.

Whilst I thought the situation was so incompetent (With the beating of the Detective and the evidence pointing to me not being Changeling), I didn't care about being killed off, the Changeling played it smart and completed his objective and the situation was funny. I never complained in a/mhelp and never wanted the guy to get punished, I even feel kinda guilty for him being job banned for a situation that involved me (Even though I shouldn't)

I can understand fully why he executed me, and I don't think he should be punished for it, he didn't know which one of us was the Changeling so he just ended both of us, which I'm completely fine with.

Not sure if my input means anything here, but seeming I was the innocent he killed, I'm putting it 'ere.

I remember this round, I was the HoS. It was kind of chaotic, with reports of changelings and no security team. I was doing my best to keep order, and despite the general confusion I think I was doing alright.

I got a report that there was a changeling running around turning people into some fox. I manage to fish out a name over the radio, and find them in the bar getting stabbed by Jzoid. I bring both of them in to explain why the hell everyone's turning into this fox, and get two different stories. The one who turns out to be a changeling says that Jzoid has been injecting people. Jzoid says they weren't injected at all, that the changeling was the one doing it. I say okay, I'm going to throw the suspected changeling in solitary for now until we can clear this up. I move forward to grab him, when suddenly I'M a fox.

This guy is clearly a changeling, and they've essentially robbed several people of their original bodies. Because we usually send lings straight to the borging table, I figure I'll send him to the electric chair first then haul their body to robotics. All three of us: The ling, Jzoid, and me go into the execution chamber, when suddenly I get BWOINK'd by LightFire53. He's asking why I'm executing the ling, so I have to explain to him my reasoning and why he should get the chopping block. LightFire shoots me down and says I can't execute the changeling, and that I need authorization. I pause, open up Space Law, and realize I'm in the wrong here. I reply back that I won't execute the ling, and move back to deal with this.

I can't say I remember exactly what happened next, but I remember hearing that the armory was robbed, and that there's some other changeling or something killing someone, and I just say fuck it. I'll be honest, LightFire was justified in intervening, in the sense that Space Law does prevent me from executing confirmed changelings for some reason. However, something in me made me realize that I really, really didn't want to put up with this shit, so I told him I'd go to cryo. I threw my gear back, went to the cryotubes, then went up to get a cup of tea to calm myself down.

I wound up watching some more of the round from ghost vision, and I did regret cryo'ing after seeing what a mess everyone was making out of the execution chamber. If anything, this whole situation is my fault for not wanting to finish what I had started, and instead leaving it in the hands of others.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use