LSOP: Extend or alter the ten minute rule.

Jakers457

In principle, the ten minute rule is to allow for quick processing and ensuring players don't have to sit around in processing (Sec players hate it too.) But in practice the rule is completely awful when it comes to complex cases in which the upper echelons of Security/Command attempt to suss out what's what and if they should give the perp minimum sentence. This can be difficult when the perp is screeching in a bitchfit and everyone is yelling at each other. It usually ends up with the perp being brigged because fuck it, we have what we know so do away with them and let's move on. Which is really bad.

We need to alter this, change it to suit complex cases that require time to piece together and sometimes, it's hard when the perp has been arrested already due to being caught red handed. I probably sound incoherent but we really need to streamline this particular bottleneck because simple cases and complex cases are just piling up on each other.

Edited by Guest

I will repeat myself for the millionth +1 time.

STANDARD Operating Procedure.

Not:

ALWAYS Operating Procedure.

I apologize for the crudeness, but this keeps coming up, and I keep having to repeat myself over and over to get the point across.

The actual processing room shouldn't see as much use as it does now. I don't see what's so hard about bringing someone directly to the warden or a cell, especially when it's a minor-medium crime.

He's right though, processing really should be streamlined. Anyone who's ever been caught alive by security knows the madness that is processing hell. Either the amount of traffic that goes through that room should be cut down, or processing should be more defined. The latter does risk making security even more complicated, but I feel as though half the time I ask someone to process somebody, they think it means interrogate or play patty-cake.

In terms of placement, the current setup with the new brig is working well I think. Interrogation actually gets used and the bigger processing room is used more as a holding cell for quick searches and clarifications/questions, since any items can easily be but in the nearby new evidence room.

In regards to the pileup, I think that's due mainly to the fact the for the more important cases, you often will have an officer or two, the Warden, and the HoS all in the big processing room with the perp. They don't all need to be there, but of course people are curious and want to see what happens. Then you get officers bringing in people for more minor crimes, and seeking clarification or at least acknowledgement from the Warden or HoS as to the charges and whatnot, which is where you see the pileup.

As usual, this can be helped by good record keeping. It really does streamline the whole thing if people dont have to keep asking about charges and crimes. Not even just the crimes, but the sentence, anything important to do with that case.

As an addendum: I've been thinking about working on some changes to the sec records system, or at least adding some more functionality to the sec PDA's in terms of records. For example a list of current warrants, that kind of thing.

Edited by Guest

New brig is good, but I think it would be better to split processing room in to halves. One where you interrogate/question people and the second one where you are actually process people: search them, strip them of rigs and other equipment.

New brig is good, but I think it would be better to split processing room in to halves. One where you interrogate/question people and the second one where you are actually process people: search them, strip them of rigs and other equipment.

Isn't that what the interrogation room is for? You know, questioning people. Interrogating them.

Isn't that what the interrogation room is for? You know, questioning people. Interrogating them.

Sometimes you have more then ONE people at the time. Like having a group of greytiders caught. You can't fit them all at once in one tiny interrogation room and brig lacks temporary detainment now(but who used it anyway with big security office?).

Interrogation room is more for interrogating someone in private.

I think it'd be better for everyone if there was a time limitation to being held in processing in space law in the modifiers bit.

Few things are more frustrating, for you and the guy who arrested you, than sitting in processing for 30 minutes because the detective is incompetent and the HoS is too busy maint crawling to authorise your release.

You really should only be in processing for major or capital crimes. As warden I get tired when officers drag petty assault and theft to processing. I usually throw them straight in a cell, since they get searched anyways over their cell locker by (competent) wardens anyways. If processing is overwhelmed because greytide, well usually greytide is small enough shit to where they shouldn't be there anyways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use