Perma Jenkem making

Keilden

So with Jenkem added in there should be a way to perma inmates to get ammonia so they can make it, Toilet Water and normal water can already be found in perma but no ammonia. And for people who asks why they should be able to make a drug in perma I just point to the description: "Jenkem is a prison drug made from fermenting feces in a solution of urine. Extremely disgusting."

There ought be be ways to acquire basic chemicals using stuff found around the station. Chlorine from the pool, Sodium from salt, Ammonia from toilets, Nitrogen from fertilizer, ect. Ghetto chemistry would be fun.

I dunno about giving inmates their own garden in perma, it would feel out of place.. And could also be abused somehow, I just know it.. I'm not experienced with botany, but I just feel someone will find a way to abuse it.

Also, as a reminder, isn't ammonia and water put together turn into space lube? I don't think allowing people easier access to the stuff a good idea. That, and chemist might abuse it too for shortcuts, which IC wise is not fitting of their job. Scraping fungus off walls is one thing, but running around the station gathering ammonia from toilets isn't really appropriate.

I think what would be better is if they rework the recipe for Jenk, making it easier to put together without having to rely on charming the chemist to give you the needed ingredients to make the cheap drug. But what could you find in a prison cell? Hmm...

I dunno about giving inmates their own garden in perma, it would feel out of place.. And could also be abused somehow, I just know it.. I'm not experienced with botany, but I just feel someone will find a way to abuse it.

Also, as a reminder, isn't ammonia and water put together turn into space lube? I don't think allowing people easier access to the stuff a good idea. That, and chemist might abuse it too for shortcuts, which IC wise is not fitting of their job. Scraping fungus off walls is one thing, but running around the station gathering ammonia from toilets isn't really appropriate.

Ammonia, Water and Ethanol form space cleaner (Which doesn't slip). The recipe for space lube is Silicon, Oxygen, and Water

Edited by Guest

I think what would be better is if they rework the recipe for Jenk, making it easier to put together without having to rely on charming the chemist to give you the needed ingredients to make the cheap drug. But what could you find in a prison cell? Hmm...

Would it really be that hard to look it up before you spout nonsense? Takes like 10 seconds to look up the recipe for space lube.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Kyet is currently working on a sec remap that would introduce botany to perma. If you're really unsure about it I highly suggest you mention it on either the git or code discussion thread regarding it. Also, if you restrict the access to seeds, Botany is incredibly weak. The only good tools they receive is the hatchet, which I doubt will be placed in perma. Other than that they have some very weak toxins they have access to, which aren't gonna be a problem unless you're a diona.

I already commented on the error in this earlier. I'm curious as to what you mean as to a chemist abusing it and how that's relevant though? As someone who does chem frequently it's quite literally our job to use tricks to produce things as quickly as possible. Ammonia wouldn't appear in the toilets, it'd most likely be added to a special botany machine that dispenses bottles.

Literally the only thing you need to make Jenkem is ammonia from the chemist, which if Botany is added to perma prisoners will have access to. It's the easiest Narco to make other than Space Drugs.

Would it really be that hard to look it up before you spout nonsense? Takes like 10 seconds to look up the recipe for space lube.

It takes 0 seconds to not post a nonconstructive comment and move along.

It takes 0 seconds to not post a nonconstructive comment and move along.

I point it out because the guy consistently starts with an incorrect assumption that wouldn't happen with a tiny bit of effort.

Even for a thread about making fake (Jenkem is a hoax) drugs in permabrig, we can have standards.

My opinion on it is that I'm not worried about what shenanigans people get into in perma, as I don't get arrested or play sec. The concept is pretty stupid, but for 2d spessman is fine, if we want to take a step towards goon tone.

TBH, A ghetto way to get ammonia would be awesome, both for prisoners/greytides who want to get high, as well as Janitors who want space cleaner when the Chemist is too busy making meth... er medicine. Maybe adding a mushroom or some kind of fungus that can be squished into ammonia and scooped up with a bucket like gibs or ash?

Perma-garden is fine by me, heck I'd be willing to push for a courtyard for regular prisoners that are serving times greater than 20 or 30 minutes. I rarely get put into perma, but it's one of the most boring things you can be forced to do when playing chess or repeatedly giving each other swirlies is about the only thing you can do, it's not surprising to me when people ghost or suicide in perma, and if it items can be used to escape, even better. Perma is not meant to be inescapable by design, if security truly wants to remove a person from the round they should execute them. Soap already spawns in perma as is and it's rare [successfully] used by a prisoner to escape.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use