Bill Chompski's Personal Logs and Files

Booting up...please wait...

Welcome, to Ward-Takahashi GMB model 17.5 Multi-Platform Mobile Work computing system.

Enter your username and password, please.

Username: Bill Chompski

Password: [spoiler2]coveredwarsyouknow[/spoiler2]

Signing In...

Accessing personal log system...

Loaded.

ENTRY ONE, 4/21/60, Wednesday, 7:32 PM, Home: Bedroom

I just finished my first shift on the Cyberiad. Well, it really is quite the place. I think I've seen more stuff here than I ever did on Luna or any of the other places I went, really. I haven't even seen some of these species of non-humans before it's pretty interesting. Like the Vox, there's a lot of those. Oh, and IPCs, a ton of them. Seeing that I've only seen them once or twice across a street or in a store, I actually got to talk to them, interviews, etc. It'll be great stuff for the book, really! They're behaviors really seem unique. Some act more like your traditional borg, and others could pass as human, if not for the chassis. Anyway, the book is still in it's planning process, and I guess this journal may be my biggest notebook for it, seeing as I'll be writing most the stuff that I see down.

ENTRY TWO, 4/22/60, Thursday, 7:21 PM, Home: Office

My application for Head of Personnel was accepted today, so that's good. Not much really happened. I saw a Kidan, they seem pretty unique, comparatively, at least.

ENTRY THREE, 4/23/60, Friday, 1:37 PM, NSS Cyberiad: HoP's Office

I've found out that people here really don't like paper pushers, like me, I guess. I make up for it by being friendly. Head to the bar, talk to people, etc, etc. One of the more popular pastimes here is fighting, people go all over it, boxing gloves and all. Guess it might get kinda restrictive here. Nothing going on, so I guess these first few entries are just short. Me writing to myself. Oh well. Seems pretty calm for what people say about it. OP08 Blue Wall, tomorrow 1200.

ERROR FILE NOT FOUND SOURCE: OFF SITE REMOTE WIPE

EXTERNAL ERROR 909

ENTRY FIVE, 4/26/60, Monday, 10:58 PM, Home: Office

I was so wrong about it being calm here. A squad of Syndicate agents burst in through arrivals, and started shooting anyone within sight. I made a rush for the tunnels and hid there for a bit. Thankfully, the shuttle was called, and I made my way down to escape, but there was already a firing squad. The one with the chainsaw approached, but since I was in a box, I guess he took it slowly, which gave me ample time to flee. All the pods were blown to bits, except for the security pods, which I didn't have the time or access to get too. Luckily, a security robot named Dusty had found me and offered to bring me to the sec pod. I accepted, of course, and made it out fine. Got the first shuttle back to Luna. Hope the station and Dusty is alright.

ENTRY SIX, 4/27/60, Tuesday, 9:58 AM, Home: Bedroom

Got a letter this morning from Nanotresan informing me the "danger" on the Cyberiad was removed, and they are currently fixing the breaches, cleaning, etc. So, guess I'll be back I'll be working again in three days. Hey, and it's a paid vacation too!

ENTRY SEVEN, 4/28/60, Wednesday, 5:01 PM, Nathaniel Chompski's Home: Living Room

Went to Uncle Nate's house today, always nice to be here, especially when I don't have work to worry about work. Even though he's 53, he's making a ton of money as a surgeon. Guess his steady hand isn't gonna leave him anytime soon. We talked a bit about my time on the Cyberiad and the book, and he offered some good advice. He told me a few stories about Mom and made dinner. He's really always been there for me. In his living room now, gonna head home so. He's telling me to be safe out there.

ENTRY EIGHT, 4/30/60, Friday, 2:23 PM, Nanotresan Central Command: Crew Shuttle Exit Lobby

Maybe three days paid vacation wasn't enough. I decided that going through that gateway we have was a good idea, and after seeing it was in a cave, got the miners to let me borrow the RIPLEY mech they had on standby, and taught me how to use it, along with what creatures I might find. On the other side, I gotta day, I was scared. Dark, and eerily quiet. I dug around a bunch, and eventually came to another mined out patch of land. One side of it had a large metal wall. I knocked on the side, seeing if maybe there were people in there who would respond, but nothing. So, I guess at the time I thought it was smart, I drilled through the wall, and found a Syndicate soldier on the other side! I tried to tell him sorry for breaking in, but he started shooting at me! I panicked, and I feel like shit for it, but ended up drilling the guy to death. It's not a good feeling, knowing you ending someone's life. I mean, maybe he had kids or was in a relationship. Anyway, I went in, and apparently it was a spy station, listening in on our PDA messages and radio chatter for almost a year. I took the documents and pictures of everything, and went back to the Cyberiad. After telling the captain, he awarded me the Medal of Distinguished Conduct and a Medal of Valor. Wow. I'm writing this literally 5 steps from the shuttle I got off of, cause I had to write all this down while it was fresh in my memory.

ENTRY NINE, 4/31/60, Saturday, 7:37 AM, Home: Kitchen

Nanotresan sent me a 7 freakin' percent pay raise for my actions on Friday! Saw it in a letter in the mail today, along with my paycheck!

ENTRY TEN, 5/2/60, Monday, 8:21 PM, Home: Office

Asking around for interviews, I found an IPC, named RISSA, was willing. So, I brought her into my office and began the questions. First sign something was off was when the questionnaire I gave to had a disjointed "help me she won't let me out" written on it. I overlooked it, for the moment, and turned the recorder on. Some of her answers we're highly disturbing. She definitely made me feel intimidated. I'm pretty sure it's dissociative identity disorder, or some sort. More than once, she spurted out trinary. Said it was just a glitch. She said she was originally an organic, so it could very well be something she had before this. I confronted her about this, and, she asked if she could leave. I let her. She asked if I would be reading what the recorders printed. I said yes, and proceeded to after she left. Definitely something going on. Lots of 'help me'. And, 'she wont let me out'. One asked for a Tristen, the HoS at the time. I met him a few times before, not really enough to form an opinion, but he seems professional. I called him in, said it was urgent he saw this in private. As soon as he saw it was about RISSA, he rushed out. I saw them talking in the hall as I went to the shuttle. I left the interview papers there for him, I still have the tapes. In fact, after I finish writing this, I'll upload the interviews on the tapes to here. I hope RISSA gets help. Seems out of my skill range. Oh, I've put the interview in word format, so the trinary can be read.

FILE UPLOADS IN PROGRESS...

INITIALIZING...

UPLOADING...

Upload one...71.8 KB...

Upload two...94.5 KB...

Upload three...109 KB...

UPLOADS COMPLETE

Accessing file viewer...

Loaded.

Please select files to view.

File 23...RISSA Interview 01.mp3

YSAE2IS.png

File 24...RISSA Interview 02.mp3

DixT7My.png

File 25...RISSA Interview 03.mp3

lCRPCnG.png

Accessing personal log system...

Loaded.

ENTRY ELEVEN, 5/4/60, Tuesday,12:11 PM, NSS Cyberiad: Bar

Well, today's been good. Security apparently found a group of vampires hiding in the tunnels, literally 3 minutes in. As far as I know, they've been incarcerated. I'm getting a PDA message now. From RISSA, saying she wants to meet. Maybe Tristen convinced her to go into therapy, or something? Anyway, I'm going to my office now.

ENTRY TWELVE, 5/4/60, Tuesday, 12:20 PM, NSS Cyberiad: Psychologist Bill Chompski's On-Station Office

i am so fucked

it wasn't rissa

fuck

whatever else that's in there is evil

oh god

tristen is gonna be near that 24/7

and it can come out at will

i mean, he's security he can handle it

right?

ENTRY ELEVEN, 5/6/60, Thursday,10:47 PM, Home: Office

OP-09, Black Moon, tommorow, 12:00.

Don't think I can do it. Not with what's been going on.

ENTRY TWELVE, 5/7/60, Friday, 8:01 PM, Home: Office

Black Moon was a huge success. Except for the part where a computer console flirted with me...er...moving on. "It" didn't come after me at all. Maybe me telling it about the tapes was all it needed? I hope. Oh yeah, something else very unsettling, The Syndicate seem to be taking an interest in me, more so than I like. Our organizations may have the same goals but...erg...one there, Slade, seems to talk to me a bit. Gave me a coin. A token of gratitude from them, I guess. I checked it for poison when I got home. Nothing. Leaving it in the safe. Sending the photos of the documents acquired during Black Moon in a minute. The boss will want to hear about this.

Accessing Tran-Stellar Email...

Loaded.

SENDER: Bill [email protected]

RECIPIENT: [email protected]

SUBJECT: OP-09 Black Moon, Success (Syndicate getting interested)

Boss,

The operation was a huge success. I'm sending you the pictures now.

[email protected]

RECIPIENT: Bill [email protected]

GW-049,

You are to maintain top relationship status with the Syndicate. They are our lifeblood, and they make our cause possible.

Excellent job. These will be leaked into the public sometime next month. Funds have been sent to our group account. Your check is under the name of Garry Lesmore, password is ghurtye30cn, don't forget it. Those are the funds you get for OP-10, Fallen Whale. You will receive further instructions when it is time. It should also be noted that our benefactors forgive you completely for your actions on the 30th. They applaud you, as you are further deeper within the trust of Nanotresan. Be safe.

Scriptores Sancto

ENTRY THIRTEEN, 5/8/60, Friday, 6:32 PM, Sol Central Medium Security Prison: Lobby

Just finished visiting with Mom. She's doing well, asked how the book was coming. I told her it was going great, but I actually haven't started writing it. I think I need to spend some more time on the Cyberiad and HQ before I can. We only had two hours to visit, which sounds long, but it really isn't. I told her my investigations were going very well, but again, that's not true. I thought the Writers would be much more helpful in that area. Oh well, I'm working for the Syndicate a lot more than they are now. I think the Boss may have handed me off to them. Oh, but bowling day tomorrow!

ENTRY FOURTEEN, 5/9/60, Saturday, 1:18 PM, Tau Ceti Bowling Lanes: Lane 15

Bowling is going great! I mean, the Syndicate may be a group of corporations and paramilitary groups, but damn, they're friendly and know how to treat their employees. Donk.Co is whooping Sol Central Banking though. Us G Writers are doing so so. I've also learned the new guy's coffee preference. Black, two teaspoons of sugar.

ENTRY FIFTEEN, 5/10/60, Sunday, 7:10 PM, Syndicate HQ Offices: Departures

what the fuck is this, I mean I know these guys do illegal stuff I dont always approve of, but shit.

they hired "it"

goddammit I was starting to love working here

ENTRY SIXTEEN, 5/11/60, Monday, 12:46 PM, NSS Cyberiad: HoP's Office

Back to NT today. I guess they're ok. Small crew, quiet, plenty of time to work on the book. New word from the Boss is that we're totally apart of the Syndicate now. Nothing big of a change for me, I guess.

ENTRY SEVENTEEN, 5/13/60, Wednesday, 2:28 PM, Home: Bedroom

God, this shift was something. First Captain broke SoP with some AI tampering, and I, the HoP, became acting Captain. Soon, the librarian, Gazing Unto the Infinite or something like that, asked for an interview. I gave it. And, he asked about me, DUSTY, and the escape pod. I didn't think this would get big at all, but I know I said too much, there's probably gonna be tabloids of this on every space stop home tomorrow.

ENTRY EIGHTEEN, 5/28/60, Saturday, 8:01 AM, NSS Cyberiad: Quartermasters Office

First off, sorry for not writing anything, journal that cant understand me and isn't sentient. Oh yeah, this shift is bad. Cultists happened, RISSA got turned into a Juggernaut, Neri did some magic shit, brought her back to life by putting her soul in a body or something, and I tried to hide the IPC chassis containing Nerissa deep in mining. Well, she used the cultists the were captured to find it, and now Nerissa is alive.

Well fuck me.

ENTRY NINETEEN, 5/28/60, Saturday, 9:18 AM, NSS Cyberiad: Quartermasters Office

On a better note, I guess SHODAN has a friend who's currently looking for a boyfriend, his name is Helix, an IPC. She organized the two of us meeting this shift, and so we exchanged pictures, well, wish me luck. Oh yeah, and she said he had...erm..."specialty modules".

This is interesting.

ENTRY TWENTY, 5/28/60, Saturday, 3:36 PM, NSS Cyberiad: Quartermasters Office

He called me over to the Old Bar, and when I got here, he had drinks, candles, everything! So, we sat town, talked, exchanged stories, I told him what I do and did, and I guess he's homeless after something bad happened. After awhile, well, we kissed. Erm. It got really sudden, really fast.

And then I had some of the better sex in my life.

And then I said he could move in with me.

And now we're going to take the same shuttle home.

He thinks I'm really cute~

bfb2f4193a86bf5a467a30281addbd43.png.a1606b9b45041e0c1e3c6c92fb7d3d39.png

bfb2f4193a86bf5a467a30281addbd43.png.a1606b9b45041e0c1e3c6c92fb7d3d39.png

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use