IPCs are not balanced

Yinseng

They technically don't "die"

They can always be repaired, there's no need for cloning and all that jazz

They also completely ignore two of the damage types, toxins and oxygen.

So yeah, you get wrecked by EMP's, just like any other person with prosthetics

They don't need an EMP damage "reduction"

Solution: Make it okay for Sec to kill IPCs with an ion gun if they resist arrest.

No. That's like saying "Make it okay for Sec to kill humans etc with an E-Gun if they resist arrest." It should never be okay for anyone to kill a non-antagonist as a non-antagonist themselves.

Also, I don't see how they're unbalanced, they get to be revived easily, so they can be killed easily, it's a fair trade. They don't need much change.

Also, I don't see how they're unbalanced, they get to be revived easily, so they can be killed easily, it's a fair trade. They don't need much change.

They're not killed easy as a traitor, their weakness is considered excessive force, that's the point.

what makes you think you don't need a space suit? They start taking damage some 30 seconds in being in space. They're also made made out of tinfoil and toilet paper tubes, you hug them and their arms fall off. Something like two punches in the head makes them blind too

what makes you think you don't need a space suit? They start taking damage some 30 seconds in being in space. They're also made made out of tinfoil and toilet paper tubes, you hug them and their arms fall off. Something like two punches in the head makes them blind too

Eh, I was making a blanket generalization. They're usually not in space long enough for it to matter much, unless they're setting up the tesla or something.

And if you're arguing that they're balanced by their susceptibility to brute damage, why do they even need the EMP damage weakness then?

Their limbs pop off like a twig, just hit them in the legs once or twice with a harmbaton if it comes down to nonlethal combat.

Imo it'd be okay with EMPs taking two strikes to actually kill, the first muting and stunning them for 45 seconds and the second just outright killing them.

I think the balance is fine.

IPCs are easy to heal, no need to eat, they need no air, can handle space pretty well, can walk around during a rad storm and viral infections. EMPded and that they take less damage before falling apart is just fair compared to the buffs they have.

I think the balance is fine.

IPCs are easy to heal, no need to eat, they need no air, can handle space pretty well, can walk around during a rad storm and viral infections. EMPded and that they take less damage before falling apart is just fair compared to the buffs they have.

Did you even read the post I made? I address this.

I was just sayin that compared to the buffs they have it is fair that they have some pretty big debuffs

Edited by Guest

Also, Yinseng, I don't really know if you're counting in random events and NPCs for non-antag bonuses. You get to walk around freely in the radstorm event and Space Carp can never actually kill you seeing as how they stop attacking when you get into crit and your crit afaik doesn't rapidly push towards your death as an IPC.

no.

Just imagine, designated IPC APCs, any robo serf caught feeding off one not officially designated gets their stipend cut.

:P

f u

If you are a tator, you either get tased, batoned, flashbanged, or disablered at some point by security, which works the same for IPCs as any other race. If you for some reason are deemed unable to be detained by non lethal means, you get lasered or hambatoned, which you take more damage from than most species. I doubt any HoS would authorize an ion riffle against an IPC, but might happen in some very weird and specific circumstances. As an antag, you only have things going against you in most cases

In my experience you'll only get ion-rifled if you're as powerful and as murdery as a mech, since that's what they're primarily meant to target anyhow.

I don't see how it favours antag play compared to non-antag.

Sucking station airless for example allows both antag and non-antag IPCs walk around. Same goes with tator virologist IPC who releases a death virus. IPC traitor needs just couple of laser shots in the head and it's game over.

And personally, i have never seen someone fielding an ion rifle against an IPC traitor.

The argument makes sense in a way, but not how OP is thinking.

If you're making decisions about in-character stuff based on your knowledge of server rules, it kind of makes you a shitty player. Example:

"Yeah, the crazy Syndie traitor said they'd release the Tesla/unleash a death virus/plasma flood if we don't meet his demands, but I know that's against the rules unless they have hijack. If they had hijack they'd just do it, so charge in with the hambatons!"

or

"If Sec uses that weapon against this race it's murder and against server rules, so I'mma play this race in order to have an advantage over sec".

I think you just didn't want to understand my point, because I did make an example of what i meant by "technically they do not die"

I am not referring to the "security murder" part, but rather, they don't fucking die

If you get EMP'd on the mining shuttle you can still be repaired

Only thing I've ever wanted changed EMP-wise for IPCs

Is to make it work the sameway as Plant-B-Gone works for Diona.

That is. EMP the first: Hard-crit, laying unconscious on the ground silently/internally going "god pls why"

EMP the second: u ded. very ded.

Effectively the same thing, since IPCs cannot get out of hard-crit without outside aid, given they don't regen.

But feels nicer as a player then just the immediate ghosting.

That. Or. Making the EMP flashlight at least have an indictor to everyone else that they just fucking murdered you, cuz atm it is just the no brainer "EZ PZ" any time your Assassination is an IPC.

But not both though, cuz then it'd devalue EMP as a murder tool too much, and IPCs need the hard counter.

's just not an interesting death just 'I klik mai lite at u n u die'

EMP flashlight is just a cheap move imo. It should be a very much weaker EMP that works more like an instant sleepypen for IPCs instead of a murder weapon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use