Make Greys Great Again

NTSAM

A detect presence ability maybe? Can focus for five to ten seconds to ping somone.

Can attempt to locate someone on the crew manifest, giving them a cardinal direction and approx distance. Basically saying if they are withing 15 tiles, 16 to 30 or over 30 tiles away. If they are on a different z level it just fails.

Special considerations would be needed for changlings, wizards and non crew. Silicons and others would need to be invisible to this power. Maybe needing to attune to their surroundings for 20 to 30 seconds to update their list of entities, not something they could just spam for early wizard or ops detection.

Otherwise an Xcom like synergy ability that can buff an ally could be kinda cool. Would make grayyops kinda funny too.

The telepathy + water vulnerability/acid immunity + slight brute vulnerability (10/15/20% more? would need balancing) + minor TK (tiny objects only) should make them worthwhile and spehshul enough to play, any more than that would be too much.

Then they'd be a real sidegrade instead of the complete -4 robustness they are right now.

Hell if they got the water vulnerability back I'd start playing them just for the gimmick suicides.

I feel that the illusion one has huge potential however, and just a quick question, by small materials, smaller than what? Like items, but no closet and such?

I can't tell you all of them but there are several item "size" categories.

tiny > small > large > bulky etc.

Stuff like cigarette butts and pens are tiny, while large would something like a pickaxe, a box would be normal.

what would surgery equipment be considered? because I like the idea of being a grey that did surgery without using his hands.

Also back to my main point, I think the illusion would be something good for RP, and I think it could have some fun actual uses, while the sulfuric acid things is kind of useless :/

what would surgery equipment be considered? because I like the idea of being a grey that did surgery without using his hands.

Also back to my main point, I think the illusion would be something good for RP, and I think it could have some fun actual uses, while the sulfuric acid things is kind of useless :/

To my knowledge, most surgical items are Small items. The Surgical drill might be a little larger.

Don't quote me on this, I am going almost purely on the fact I have stuffed a Scalpel and such into my pockets before, which can only hold certain sized items.

IIRC Drills and Saws are small items, they don't fit in a box but they fit into a backpack just fine. Scalpel, Hemostats, Retractor, Bone Setter, Bone Glue and Cautery should all be tiny items, they fit in a pocket or box no problem which is something only tiny items qualify for if I'm not mistaken.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use