Locks for bathroom stalls?

Renomaki

We all been there. We were just doing our thing, being 2D Spessmen, when suddenly nature calls.

Of course, you can't just go "AFK bathroom" (unless you are a head, then maybe that is expected to avoid being banned), so you rush to the nearest bathroom to pretend to take a dooky while you do your business in real life.

.. But then comes a worrying thought: What if someone tries to kill you on the toilet?

Realistically, yes, there were many moments in REAL LIFE history where people were murdered/assassinated on the loo, but in a game where there are rules against attacking people who are SSD, there should be at least something you could do to ensure you are able to calmly drop a dooky without having to worry about coming back from the bathroom to find yourself dragged in maintenance and husked

Heck, I had to "do the do" in my closet as HoP while I afked to use the bathroom once, which really seems gross if you consider real life logic, but it was either that, or risk having someone steal my ID and fuck everyone over.

In earlier versions of the station, I remembered there being little rooms with lockable doors that you could "rest" in, which were helpful for non-antags as a safe place to AFK without risk of being messed with. If we could have that with bathroom stalls, that would be kinda nice, plus would give them more use other than looking pretty and being a hiding place for bodies.

So.. What you think? Can it be done?

Its more about AFK safety now. We have no actual lockable dorms now. While some servers feature small dormitories for people. And Tau Ceti even have special security dorms just near brig, so there is a safe place for AFK and SSD officers.

For now people who want go AFK need to either hide in a locker or temporary use cryo sleeper without actually logging out.

just sit in a chair if you need to take a shit irl

Wouldn't it be weird if someone like a warden or HoP was just kinda blankly sitting a chair, and people start talking to them trying to get a reply?

I have to admit, it feels like barely anyone uses the bathrooms; even as a contraband stash, they're rarely used. Making it a safe place for people who have to rush off quickly would be a good idea (I have had this problem far too many times than I care to admit) - although I do have concerns that people will simply use them as a place to hide from antags the entire round. Maybe a cell-like timer so that it opens after a while? I dunno.

I have to admit, it feels like barely anyone uses the bathrooms; even as a contraband stash, they're rarely used. Making it a safe place for people who have to rush off quickly would be a good idea (I have had this problem far too many times than I care to admit) - although I do have concerns that people will simply use them as a place to hide from antags the entire round. Maybe a cell-like timer so that it opens after a while? I dunno.

Any self-respecting antag have a means for entering areas they have no access be it hacking or something else. Moreover nobody forbids antag to ask admins change assassination target if the current one is SSD or AFK for too long.

Utterly unnecessary. If you're going to go afk, say you feel a short bout of SSD and log out. There's already rules in place to protect you, and you'll want a lot of witnesses.

Basically what you're suggesting is both unnecessary and less effective than the current system, per usual.

eh yeah but there's always some cock that will cryo you anyway and your fifteen minute break comes back with you without that job you finally got

It sounds like a pretty good idea. Only issue i see with it are tators closing in stalls on low pop/No AI rounds, and camping there till sec resigns, but it still looks like neat equivalent of lockable rest rooms

If you need to afk long enough for murder to be an issue just DC for SSD protection?

Being able to bolt yourself in a room has some pretty serious balance implications, as evidenced by servers which have it.

eh yeah but there's always some cock that will cryo you anyway and your fifteen minute break comes back with you without that job you finally got

Never been an issue for me.

Doesn't mean it never happens to other people, dude.

Well, that is a department culture problem, though the hop could easily give you your old job back, worst case.

Other option is to go hide in a locker in maint, as if an antag is after you secrecy is the best policy.

Of course, none of that makes the suggestion any less unnecessary.

Just AFK in cryodorm pods and don't close the window you're playing SS13 in; you won't get put into storage, you're not SSD, and no one can mess with you.

Just AFK in cryodorm pods and don't close the window you're playing SS13 in; you won't get put into storage, you're not SSD, and no one can mess with you.

This' generally the best idea if you're afraid of someone screwing with you. A couple other ways to do it are to just buckle into a chair in your workplace, hide in a locker, or turn off your disposal outlet and chill in there. But cryodorms are the best bet 'cause, even IF for whatever reason you get put into storage, I'm pretty sure you can just come back.

This' generally the best idea if you're afraid of someone screwing with you. A couple other ways to do it are to just buckle into a chair in your workplace, hide in a locker, or turn off your disposal outlet and chill in there. But cryodorms are the best bet 'cause, even IF for whatever reason you get put into storage, I'm pretty sure you can just come back.

I never really thought of it that way, honestly. Still, I'd only hope it wouldn't store me away by mistake while I am away, for that would blow.. And be bad, because if you were a head, I'd assume the admins would mistake your AFK for griefing, since, you know.. nothing cripples a station quite as badly as when an important head just up and quits.

I never really thought of it that way, honestly. Still, I'd only hope it wouldn't store me away by mistake while I am away, for that would blow.. And be bad, because if you were a head, I'd assume the admins would mistake your AFK for griefing, since, you know.. nothing cripples a station quite as badly as when an important head just up and quits.

Nothing prevents you from telling admins that you need to AFK for a while. There is nothing wrong with it. But I think there is still needs some dorms for people. Engineers, miners and scientists at least have small one on outposts. How bout making some for secs and medical?(I really tired to see officers sleeping in my brigbay)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use