Adding buy antag round in karma shop

Tars

Well like the title says.

I think it would be a good feature for people who are not having good luck when it comes to spawning as antag and it wouldn't be OP cause it'd be 1 karma to buy to play as any random antag for one round but then you couldn't buy it again for the whole day to stop people spamming it. as soon as you buy it you'll be a antag next round and the system will override randoming selecting people until it hits a antag limit. and when that happens a message in chat says "no more room for antags or something" to anyone who trys to buy a round when the antag limit is hit.

Feedback feedback feedback

The only thing I could see this being is a way to push new players out of antag jobs, and closing avenues of play.

What if someone buys malfunction AI and hasn't unlocked AI yet?

Too many issues.

Well like the title says.

I think it would be a good feature for people who are not having good luck when it comes to spawning as antag and it wouldn't be OP cause it'd be 1 karma to buy to play as any random antag for one round but then you couldn't buy it again for the whole day to stop people spamming it. as soon as you buy it you'll be a antag next round and the system will override randoming selecting people until it hits a antag limit. and when that happens a message in chat says "no more room for antags or something" to anyone who trys to buy a round when the antag limit is hit.

Feedback feedback feedback

[insert witty meme here]

I'm pretty sure you unlock malf after/at the same time as AI.

Still, this is a bad idea, for various reasons. Karma shouldn't have an impact in-game.

Personally I feel having a few more antags on high pop rounds would be nice since they are just so out numbered most of the time and would help your complaint. but as for karma for playing as antag? no that is a terrible idea with many many downsides and very few upsides. sorry mate.

Karma stuff is not meant to be a "pay-for-power" deal, which is why most of the karma races have some significant weaknesses (IPCs have EMP vulnerability, Vox and Plasmamen die without their respective internals, Kidan... can't wear glasses (okay, this one is a bit lame, but still), etc) to balance their strengths. Additionally, karma roles are not meant to have elitist or severe power bonuses (NT rep doesn't actually get any real power, Barber even less so), so the idea of being able to essentially buy antag rounds would go against that philosophy.

While it would be nice to have a use for all that karma you've built up, I don't think that antag rounds are the best way to address it. Perhaps something less impactful, but still fun would be better. I know Baystation or somewhere like that had load-outs you could customize on character setup to spawn in with a fancier pen or other things like that. A "rental" of such things might be something worth investigating the feasibility of implementing, since that could be easily tied to the karma shop and still avoid powercreep.

While it would be nice to have a use for all that karma you've built up, I don't think that antag rounds are the best way to address it. Perhaps something less impactful, but still fun would be better. I know Baystation or somewhere like that had load-outs you could customize on character setup to spawn in with a fancier pen or other things like that. A "rental" of such things might be something worth investigating the feasibility of implementing, since that could be easily tied to the karma shop and still avoid powercreep.

I have been trying to suggest that many times...

people sometimes yell "OP!"