An active use for Medical Records

Knightedskull

Alright, had an idea and wanted to see what others might think of this or if this would be too difficult to code in.

Medical HUDs can already display health condition, viruses from the database, and death.

But how about we incorporate a few more icons based on someones medical profile, like with security arrest/released/etcetera.

For instance, if someone is declared as mentally insane/unstable, we could have an icon for that that medical and security HUDs can see.

This helps make it much easier to find mental patients when/if they try to escape and helps inform the staff that it might not be entirely safe to approach alone.

There could also be an icon for those that have become borged, unclonable/unborgable, suicide, or DO NOT CLONE.

I'm sure you get the idea.

What do you think? Makes Medical Records more useful or makes it a chore?

Or was I too poor in explaining?

The icon to show someone who is unrevivable should just be a pair of Xs over the eyes of their character sprite. :P

But for reals I would like to see medical records get more use. Maybe even some SOP so that in the right conditions the CMO or Psych can declare someone unfit to serve.

I know Paradise isn't HRP in any way, shape, or form but making better use of the player - written security/medical history for their character would be absolutely lovely.

I feel like medical records have some potential and it just needs bringing out.

Not everyone wants to do paperwork but the option for it to be there for those that do will be an appreciation, especially to those that love details.

At minimum a quick menu selection to the condition and a quick comment/note as to why is all that is needed like in security records ( if they can bother to do just that).

But additional details to include could be things like what Bio-mods they have or augmentations that were performed added/removed or any implants ( especially ones to not remove).

Of course, emergencies make these things hard to do or remember afterwords and shouldn't take priority over treatment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use