Slimes without bones.

Gentlemanly_headcrab

So the general idea of a slime person having bones to this day kinda irks me and has irked a few others so I propose an idea that I came up with after our current slime update.

Slime people no longer have bones but they do have an increased limb removal rate/chance.

I think it balances out pretty nicely that limb removal is worse than the actual breaking of bones considering that you can't use a stump to click a button or open a backpack. And yes this does tie in moderately well to the new slime people growing limbs change. The rate is unspecified but it'd just be a balance for the removing of bones.

Of course the balance would be couldn't they just grow them all back?

It'd take time and a lot of effort depending on blood loss (Yes slimes can suffer from that with water blood) Nutriment, food, and the general 45 seconds it takes to regrow said portion of limb meaning this can't be done randomly in combat. It's a general ideal that I've just had on the mind a bit. Now discuss you wonderful people!

This was one of the original features in the PR that went through recently, and it was harshly rejected. Disregarding bone damage is a supremely powerful buff, basically leaving slimes capable of recovering from every possible conflict with food and drinks. Conversely, increased limb removal would be a dangerous debuff, throwing slimes around the combat effectiveness of IPCs, except people will always target the head for a quick decap kill leading to quicker deaths than almost any race.

One particularly cool suggestion I saw was to link their blood and their nutrition, where any ability that they used drained from nutrition, and as a result, blood.

Besides, slimes converting food into biomass just seems fitting, doesn't it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use