Kidan and new chemical

Lolzyking

Okay instead of necroposting in an old thread I wish to share my idea

Insects IRL are much more susceptible to poisons due to their exoskeleton's and non complex circulatory systems.

Also due to the noncomplex circulatory system they should infact bleed out faster ( ants spiders roaches ect have large tube like structures for t heir blood, it'd be like humans had fire hoses for veins.

Mechanical changes suggested

Increased toxin damage (inspired by IRL bugs vs pest spray)

Increased bloodloss rate/damage

also new janitor chem> Diatomite is used as an insecticide, due to its abrasive and physico-sorptive properties.[8] The fine powder absorbs lipids from the waxy outer layer of insects' exoskeletons, causing them to dehydrate. Arthropods die as a result of the water pressure deficiency, based on Fick's law of diffusion

This chemical also works on slugs, it is completely harmless to mammals and plants however. This chemical would be a on tile/spray/touch that harms kidan/skrell/slime/borer/spiders, that is easily washed of with water or using a damp rag on self.

So a new debuff to kidan? I don't see the problem right away but then again I don't play them. Maybe they will get a slight buff if this is a thing but who knows?

New chemical sounds nice. Janitor doesn't sound like the one to get some right away even though it makes IRL sense but botany should get some at start. I don't know how slimes work but I wouldn't imagine the chemical to work on them. They're technically all water I think?

I was thinking the chemical would affect different races in different ways ( which is possible)

Kidan/skrell Oxyloss since insects breathe via osmosis ( this is how the chemical kills bugs/amphibians/slugs)

Slime Bloodloss since the chemical is h20 absorbent.

On tile (like lube) applies chemical to mobs, damages borers/spiders/spiderlings that traverse tile.

on plants, like pest spray.

I'm suggesting debuffs that make sense, so that in turn kidan can receive buffs, like wearing glasses.

I would be okay with these if it let us change some other things on Kidan. Wearing glasses or having Kidan modified glasses for one. Increase toxin damage to Kidan, makes up for increase brute resistance. I wouldnt even argue against even higher toxin damage for even higher brute resistance somehow.

This alone would be an adequate debuff in exchange for the brute damage reduction IMO, the not being able to wear eyewear part is maybe more to do with the species lore though.

If Kidan-compatible HuDs (not glasses, so they'd still be flashable and such, you can hardly cover up all those bug eyes afterall but a HuD is more viable) were makable by R&D/creatable with duct tape and glass, and they started with the sobriety gene (something in the fluff about them not being affected by alcohol?) it might just be "balanced".

You know I'm liking this idea a little more. It kind of makes them a little similar to diona though, but in a good way I think. Both have a weakness to a different chemical and that's not bad. They do have their history together so making them have different similarities is okay.

If we do talk about buffs of some kinds there's one thing I kind of thought about. Kidan have another set of arms on them that they don't use. Don't get this confused with the Wryn which also have a second set of arms but use both sets together due to being weak little sticks. Kidan have one pair of normal arms and the second are weak and kept snug to their body. Unless it seems a little too much for them, let them use these free hands to hold small items like pockets would. Another set of pockets if you will. That seems like a nice feature that's not too powerful

Kidan were supposed to get high off of Inaprovaline when we still had that.

It was never coded in, though - was simply present in their lore fluff.

I'd personally also like to see Salbutamol suffocate Vox like Dexalin used to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use