Aggressive grab struggling

GuardianStriker

I'm honestly not sure if this is in the game yet because I haven't even tried it out yet. But I whenever you're being grabbed aggressively, all you have to do is move away from your grabber and you're free.

I feel like it shouldn't work that way. Because it's obvious that whenever you get grabbed aggressively in real life, you don't just move away from someone just to get free. You have to try to get their grasp off you before you can escape.

So I feel like the aggressive grabbing should be tweaked a bit where you don't just "move away" from your grabber just to escape. You have to struggle against their grab to escape by pressing resist and pray that you'll get their grab off you.

Also since the "buff" ability is just for show, why not give it a purpose where your grab is more stronger and it requires more resistance to break free?

Anyway, yes. That's my other suggestion. Also this is off topic, but I find it weird how you can't stab someone in the eyes with a screwdriver if they're wearing a hat, but no mask. I mean, your eyes are obviously not on your forehead. So I think this needs some tweaking to where a hat doesn't equal eye protection. Only masks.

I'm honestly not sure if this is in the game yet because I haven't even tried it out yet. But I whenever you're being grabbed aggressively, all you have to do is move away from your grabber and you're free.

I feel like it shouldn't work that way. Because it's obvious that whenever you get grabbed aggressively in real life, you don't just move away from someone just to get free. You have to try to get their grasp off you before you can escape.

So I feel like the aggressive grabbing should be tweaked a bit where you don't just "move away" from your grabber just to escape. You have to struggle against their grab to escape by pressing resist and pray that you'll get their grab off you.

Also since the "buff" ability is just for show, why not give it a purpose where your grab is more stronger and it requires more resistance to break free?

Anyway, yes. That's my other suggestion. Also this is off topic, but I find it weird how you can't stab someone in the eyes with a screwdriver if they're wearing a hat, but no mask. I mean, your eyes are obviously not on your forehead. So I think this needs some tweaking to where a hat doesn't equal eye protection. Only masks.

For the first suggestion, no.

Tabling is very OP, and this makes it worse.

As for the second suggestion, that's probably a coding oversight that Kasparov is going to beat with a giant hammer.

I don't really think you can argue 'realism' when it comes to grabs. Realistically you would probably notice someone trying to grab you much sooner and would have a more instinctive reaction to getting away. Often if someone manages to actually grab me it's because I was tabbed out or afk.

Moving away is struggling though. If someone can move away from you fast enough to not be grabbed then they're actively resisting your attempts to grab them. It's a pretty short amount of time to react to someone too. Why should they suddenly be unable to move and have to attempt to spam resist and hope RNG likes them? What stops them from just spam grabbing you again if you cant break a grab by moving?

Delving closer to Goon-style grabs is only going to make everyone HYPER paranoid of each other---hardly something worth encouraging on a more RP oriented server--not to mention it's overpowered as hell.

Grabbing, as Spaceman said, is already really powerful, if you know what you're doing---you can instantly get an aggressive grab on someone----they shouldn't have to engage in an epic battle of click spam just to escape a basic grab.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use