A new job - Shopkeep, featuring mannequins.

sdtwbaj

Basically give people something to do with credits. Shop keep, stick the shop centrally in the station, by the bar etc.

They're part of service, two of them operate and they sell shit. Tools, food, whatever you need. Maybe they work out deals with botany and the chef to sell those types of wares. It could be karma locked, but really it's a good newbie job.

There's already the 'trader' and 'businessman' civilian titles for this. Pretty much anything someone would need that's above-board can be gotten for free or found.

I don't mean to shoot this one down, but I'm honestly not sure if this warrants being a job.

There's already the 'trader' and 'businessman' civilian titles for this. Pretty much anything someone would need that's above-board can be gotten for free or found.

I don't mean to shoot this one down, but I'm honestly not sure if this warrants being a job.

I suppose. This would be a good way to get roleplay going. Make vendors more scarce, and give peeps a reason to check it out.

I don't know. I think something like this could be a boon for the Supply Department. Perhaps by selling gear and things from the autolathe, credits could be exchanged for supply points. Perhaps additional crates of random fluff could be ordered and stocked. Reports to the QM. I think this could be distinct from Trader and Businessman.

This would be a great idea if we didn't have such a simple economic system. It would make cargo a much more interesting job. Unfortunately though, with the current way credits work it's simply not possible. You'd be unable to make any large purchases, and would in general just be better off scrounging whatever it is up from around the station

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use