Keep Dirty Floors

Shadeykins

The whole it makes the Janitor's job 'impossible' is utter tish tosh.

Except, it does. Hypothetically, it's possible to come close to not having a single spot of blood or cleanable material on the station as janitor---insanely difficult, but possible.

With dirt, it's literally impossible---you can never have a perfect or near-perfect metric.

Well how much does dirt apply to the station cleanliness score? It applies in levels like the icon I'd imagine so unless it's visible it wouldn't be scored. Less dirtied floors would apply less of a score reduction. Maybe even have the score only apply to turfs or areas of the station that are not maintenance halls or areas no one should be in because no one should care how messy those are

Unless the code changes, dirty floors make cleanbots useless. If dirty floors are kept, it should be severely nerfed (10% of current accumulation so a typical shift will only see high-trafficked areas dirty), and, even still, just remove it from the calculation of station "messes" because the janitor shouldn't be responsible for the dust that builds up in escape during the stampede of crew.

The whole it makes the Janitor's job 'impossible' is utter tish tosh.

Except, it does. Hypothetically, it's possible to come close to not having a single spot of blood or cleanable material on the station as janitor---insanely difficult, but possible.

With dirt, it's literally impossible---you can never have a perfect or near-perfect metric.

This doesn't really strike me as a problem.

I'd say it's part of the Janitor's job that they have an 'impossible' task. A janitor's work really is never done.

The sprites of this game are already basic as hell. Removing the dirt would be stripping an entire layer of detail that really doesn't need to be stripped, for reasons that basically come down to a single crappy metric at endgame that nobody reads or cares about. This is dumbing down the quality of the game for no reason other than personal whim tbh.

I'd say it's part of the Janitor's job that they have an 'impossible' task. A janitor's work really is never done.

Kind of my stance on it too. Janitor gets some pretty OP gear, from that backpack sprayer to a cart that autocleans anything he drives over if RnD bothers to do their job.

It's also not like dirt negatively effect players in any mechanical way. It looks dirty, yeah, but you don't move slower or trip over it, it doesn't have any effect on your health or infect you with a disease. Reducing dirt accumulation if it effects server performance is understandable, but removing it because a job that doesn't usually get done to begin with. Janitors usually clean up all public areas of the station within 30 minutes of their shift, then either go SSD/Crydorms or bugger off to the bar waiting for a cleaning request they won't ever get.

I started playing SS13 as a janitor, it was fun and mind numbing at times, most of your job is locked behind doors and since most janitors clean with water nobody wants to let them in to clean up the oil or dirt, blood only occasionally gets cleaned up if someone is worried about a blood disease on the station. And asking for improved access is like pulling teeth as everyone is paranoid the janitor is gonna pull revolver out of his trash bag and cap them the second he gets inside their department/office.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use