Brainstorming: Robotics responsibility

CureZen

So I've recently bought the Machine Race and like a good little recently emancipated slave I read up on the wiki and found that I'm to rely on robotics for most of my near death or after death health concerns. This has led me to my current realization:

Robotics is god damn useless to the public. Like seriously, robotics is the 16 year old albino shade of pasty white shut-in wearing a shirt they're uncomfortable in; building cup towers in the corner of the party while waiting for his grandma to pick him up; because he lost track of his drunken friend who only brought him because he's known him since middle school and felt bad for him. Like Got Dayum.

Of the 20 or so rounds I've played the shutters have been open twice, with one robotics building a god damned REINFORCED WALL in their doorway so as to avoid being bothered. Another time the RD had to take over because the robotics section had literally stacked the heads on the desk and gone back to building his exosuit. The only time I've seen a comms active Robotics is when they were also an IPC and knew what was coming.

So with this experience in mind I have decided to create a thread asking for your ideas on how to solve this. I realize the simple solution is "Wait for people who are less shit at their jobs" but this is some genetics level of not giving a fuck. When it was player lives on the line we simply opted to move the cloner out of genetics. and while I'd hardly suggest we move the part fabricator out of robotics I'd rather not sit another 10 minutes while I wait for them to finally finish whatever their working on and get around to realizing there is a dead body sitting on their desk.

My suggestion is the same as it has always been: New players always drag the bodies to medical first anyways, so re-purpose the currently rarely used medical examination room as a synthetics' and specialty clinic. Fill it with equipment needed for the harder to heal species. Give it a connection to robotics for requesting cybernetic parts. Hell make it a Karma job if you want.

Naturally this is a very time expensive solution so if you have any other ideas or suggestions, throw them here.

Half of what genetics does on a round to round basis violates SoP anyways but they don't get fired. I just attribute it to that these kinda jobs attract the players that just want absurd amounts of power and no responsibility.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use