Re-buff space pods.

xBoBox3

Space Pod Racers - Add a canister of N2O for a speed boost of, say, 10 seconds or something. This would mean pilots could still respond to AI sat calls, the pod will still be in danger outside of this time.

There's a threat analysis to be done. If the nukies think the pod would be a threat, they have means to counter it. It's up to them to decide to ignore it or circumvent it. They can even bypass the entire problem by teleporting into the bridge, like many have done before. Same thing applies on the other end, if security knows or suspects the nukies have a borg/mech, they should probably take the ion out, and it will be up to them if they decide to ignore it /(can't really circumvent a nukie mech can you? :P)

There's a threat analysis to be done. If the nukies think the pod would be a threat, they have means to counter it. It's up to them to decide to ignore it or circumvent it. They can even bypass the entire problem by teleporting into the bridge, like many have done before. Same thing applies on the other end, if security knows or suspects the nukies have a borg/mech, they should probably take the ion out, and it will be up to them if they decide to ignore it /(can't really circumvent a nukie mech can you? :P)

Teleporting onto the bridge requires you to get the teleporter board from telecomms.

You still have a chance to be pre-emptively discovered by some jerk in a pod.

Rather than just engines, perhaps armour could be a method to balance speed out. Heavier armour = more health, less speed. Maybe the same for weapons, but that doesn't seem as necessary. Generally, the faster you are, the less you have to worry about getting hit, so this seems a good trade off.

Another thing not mentioned with the speed of the pod is lag. With a best-case-scenario ping of 0.4 for me, I found the pod just too fast to really use.

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than just engines, perhaps armour could be a method to balance speed out. Heavier armour = more health, less speed. Maybe the same for weapons, but that doesn't seem as necessary. Generally, the faster you are, the less you have to worry about getting hit, so this seems a good trade off.

Another thing not mentioned with the speed of the pod is lag. With a best-case-scenario ping of 0.4 for me, I found the pod just too fast to really use.

I like this idea. As it is, pods aren't really functional for their intended jobs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use