Add a mech-version of the medigun to be creatable in robotic

Cupcakes_n_Hacksaws

I think this is a fair compromise. I think it should really zap battery life though, making them only feasible with hyper-capacity cells and giving even the bluespace battery a run for its money, because let's face it, any Science and Supply departments that are halfway competent make them possible by 13:00.

This seems like a reasonable thing from me, given how powerful the medigun is in the right hands it makes sense to give it a downside (in this case, make it not available for your hands). I can support this suggestion.

This makes the Odysseus able to actually treat some injuries in the field better than just shooting people with omnizine syringes and scooping them into the sleepers for transport.

This seems like a reasonable thing from me, given how powerful the medigun is in the right hands it makes sense to give it a downside (in this case, make it not available for your hands). I can support this suggestion.

This makes the Odysseus able to actually treat some injuries in the field better than just shooting people with omnizine syringes and scooping them into the sleepers for transport.

Exactly my sentiments, but that might make it TOO powerful. Should probably lower how much it heals by a little or something, depending on how easily accessible it is.

Last I checked Medi-gun just restores damage, not fixes organs, bones, infections, brain damage or any other injury. Oddy needs more equipment, that's pretty obvious, this or some kind of mounted hypo would be nice.

The medi-gun restores most damage, as well as fixing bones once their damage thresholds go below a specific point. But other than that, yes, infections and organ damage aren't fixed, and blood isn't restored, AFAIK. I think this would make a fine addition, since Odysseus mechs are mostly neglected.

The medi-gun restores most damage, as well as fixing bones once their damage thresholds go below a specific point. But other than that, yes, infections and organ damage aren't fixed, and blood isn't restored, AFAIK. I think this would make a fine addition, since Odysseus mechs are mostly neglected.

Since this'd be a new addition, I'd imagine it would be easily feasible to just disable its bone healing ability; It shouldn't be a replacement for surgery.

since Odysseus mechs are mostly neglected.

Really? Most rounds as medical, I've seen the CMO get their Odysseus.

And then proceed to neglect them for the rest of the round.

Good point. Its just that it doesn't serve much purpose, at least, in my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use