Buff Vampire Hypnotize

Shadeykins

So! First time I've actually ever gotten to play Vampire, and this ability leaves a lot to be desired.

It takes two seconds to pop, costs twenty blood annnd... Provides a stun that lasts for about 4 seconds.

If you're able to hold a person for two seconds, chances are you're trying to use this ability to incapacitate them and stop them from screaming so you can drain them.

It's functionally useless, since glare or a stunprod provides basically the same length of stun and neither of those require a person to hold still for two seconds.

My proposal is to either lengthen the stun time or turn it into a muting ability so it's got a solid use.

Ideally it should be mean you get slightly less usable blood from a victim (since you use some) in exchange for keeping them from screaming.

To me it's weird that the person is paralyzed, but still yapping and operating the radio headset.

Alternatively, hypnotize could be a silent ability until the two seconds was passed.

Or the red text could appear only when/if the subject (inadvertently) broke eye contact. So people would be hesitant about facing and talking to a suspected vampire. Which makes sense, lore wise.

I think it's only useful'ish to escape from the officer dragging you to brig, and even so...

Glare works better, provides relatively the same stun, has a lower cooldown, and doesn't cost blood.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use