faster atmo cartridge atmo scan

Jey123456

this is simply a post to see what the players who dont check git think about this suggested feature. The code is already done (its a 10sec thing to code really xD)

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/3194

The result is very simple as well. pda equiped with an atmospheric access cartridge have the refresh rate of their atmospheric scans changed from 10 seconds to 1 second. this allows atmo tech to read the state of a room atmospheric much faster and without having to either wait 10 seconds after coming in the room or spamming the pda action in their hand.

lol, yea, but i mean, it doesnt do anything more than the name . not sure what else i could name it :P.

Its really only to give atmo cartridge something special, since right now, you could use a science one just the same (all you get is the gas scanner)

it already does if you just do the math so im not sure what would be the point, not to mention i cant think of any case where it would be of any uses except maybe high pressure scenario but then your a bit fucked since it imply screwing with the high pressure room to go inside grab the readout and screw it again to leave.

I wonder if it's possible to gather a pressure average.

LINDA air alarms are dumb because they only take a reading at the vent, and not of the average in the room (hence why using refill on an air alarm produces odd results).

I wonder if it'd be possible to only use tile by tile atmosphere outside of the station defined blueprinty type areas, and average the pressure everywhere else in order to save on permutations... You'd get something slightly reminiscent of ZAS in station, and LINDA outside - space winds wouldn't really occur unless there was a breach, either (As rooms would depressurize across the board, equally).

a mix of room + tile by tile would be unbelievably heavy on the cpu. One of the few reasons why zas was so heavy, was the whole room concept, since room are not static, you basically have to constantly recheck the room definition whenever something happen (wall is built / destroyed, door open / close etc)

I am currently working on an addon for LINDA that should greatly improve its room equalization speed at minimal cpu speed while improving the realism in the process. Depending on how it goes, i might have something to show for it soon. Altho this has very little to do with this suggestion since even under zas id have loved a faster refresh on the pda atmo scan heh.

a mix of room + tile by tile would be unbelievably heavy on the cpu. One of the few reasons why zas was so heavy, was the whole room concept, since room are not static, you basically have to constantly recheck the room definition whenever something happen (wall is built / destroyed, door open / close etc)

I am currently working on an addon for LINDA that should greatly improve its room equalization speed at minimal cpu speed while improving the realism in the process. Depending on how it goes, i might have something to show for it soon. Altho this has very little to do with this suggestion since even under zas id have loved a faster refresh on the pda atmo scan heh.

Fair enough, I just like ZAS much better and miss depressurization.

(DAMN YOU SPACE WIND).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use