small layout change

MrFinnT

there is a room between medbay and mechbay that is fuck up by the changes the station went through.

3 doors say it is a maintenance tunnel, but one door says it is the starboard emergency storage. it stores an air canister, a water tank and a Multitool.

either all maintenances doors get changed to storage doors or the room gets change to a maintenance tunnel.

it is not shielding against radiation, which would need to change as well.

Unbenannt-1.png.b157af2fea892bfd4340d12cc0e59760.png

Unbenannt-1.png.b157af2fea892bfd4340d12cc0e59760.png

I'll put my vote out and say it should be a maintenance tunnel. That green door doesn't have much purpose there

It's meant to be an zero access door so that even people without access can utilize it; it's fully intentional the door is green.

Yeah, the roboticist's "maintenance" is now classified as storage, but it's a pain in the butt to browse through map changes. It's not safe to hide in there right now; I suspect this may have been the result of an APC-related area change, though.

It's because it was incorrectly mapped as being part of a distant maintenance area before, yes. Half the things in the room already called it starboard emergency storage, so I changed the actual area to that since nobody ever responded to what it was supposed to be at the time. It could be changed to a new maintenance area if people overwhelmingly would prefer that.

Seems a simple enough problem, can be cut down to two simple Boolean answers.

- Is it still used to store things for emergencies?

If yes, keep the green door and rename the maintenance doors. If no, change and rename the green door.

- Are emergency storage closets meant to be all-access?

Pretty sure the answer is yes here. The implications of this one should be obvious.

I didn't forget about this! After much thought, I decided that the area was better served as proper maintenance area, as it technically was before my previous change. It's now called 'Genetics Maintenance', as it connecting to Medbay isn't unique, and Genetics is more notable than the Mech Bay.

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/3236

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use