Soundproof Glass

NTSAM

That's brilliant, but how does sound propagation work in code?

Walls block sound, but they also block the line of sight. If the sound travels based on the line of sight and the medium (vacuum), how would you add that glass?

Alternatively, you could simply have an awkward whisper meeting...

What I think would be cool is if we had Bay's 'electrochromatic glass'. It's in a few heads offices, and basically you press a button and it turns the blue reinforced into tinted black windows you can't see into. Not quite the same as what you're proposing, but a fair slight cooler than shutters. Maybe not exactly what was in mind, but something I recalled that was interesting.

Almost anything would be better than being able to awkwardly stand on the other side of two reinforced windows, a grille, behind an airlock, and still be able to hear the conversation up front. While I understand the utility, and the fact it's basically an SS13 staple and fact of the game, it feels a bit... off.

What I think would be cool is if we had Bay's 'electrochromatic glass'. It's in a few heads offices, and basically you press a button and it turns the blue reinforced into tinted black windows you can't see into. Not quite the same as what you're proposing, but a fair slight cooler than shutters. Maybe not exactly what was in mind, but something I recalled that was interesting.

Almost anything would be better than being able to awkwardly stand on the other side of two reinforced windows, a grille, behind an airlock, and still be able to hear the conversation up front. While I understand the utility, and the fact it's basically an SS13 staple and fact of the game, it feels a bit... off.

we do have that, it's not mapped in anywhere though, because it's shutters without the advantage of protection

Maaaaybe look at throwing a bone at plasma glass? There is currently absolutely nowhere it is used that I know of, nor does it have a mechanic to make it a want for the crew, other than design-a-room projects.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use