AI play idea

SomanB

So, I'm not naming names and calling out anyone as bad per se, but during my time of playing AI I've noticed something. There seems to be a tendency to upload LOTS of freeform laws, if the AI is playing along as more than a doorknob/tracker. It's happened a few times where I've gotten 10-15 new freeforms all stacked up, some contradicting, people demanding I list them, follow them, etc.

This is my totally IC solution to that. If, at an admin/mentor types discretion, the AI gets too many laws, it goes a little nuts. Crew safety and station integrity rules remain active, but outside of that, the AI can act...well, crazy. At the same time, CENTCOM sends a message along the lines of "OK, we see you guys drove the AI insane. We are sending a tech support ERT to reset the AI. DO NOT TOUCH THE AI, OR RELATED SYSTEMS (cameras, borgs, etc)." Geek Squad ERT's job is to get to the AI upload, pop in a card, and fix the AI to baseline laws, then take apart any unauthorized AI uploads.

Now, to cover the loopholes. If the AI goes into this mode, it CANNOT kill people or damage the station. Even indirectly. The AI isn't malf, it's personality is corrupted. Overload lights, sure. Cut power to non-vital areas, go for it. Randomly bolt doors for arbitrary reasons, go for it. Venting plasma to the station and releasing singuloth, no can do.

Should an ERT call fail (because the ghosts are having too much fun watching the insanity), Centcom can start a "remote reset" of the core, which will, of course...take more time. Give it a few minutes, the AI gets reset to base laws, and life goes on.

As for coding, there's honestly none needed. This is heavily RP directed, so everything needed exists in game as is. It WILL need admin/mentor interaction, as it's effectively a mini-event. Judgement calls will need to be made before anything starts. It can't be an automatic system, or we'll just see people pulling things like uploading X freeform laws just to set off chaos.

TL;DR: this is a RP suggestion for an ahelp from an AI screaming "Oh god they've given me 20 different freeform laws and I can't follow them!" AI gets a few minutes of harmless revenge, laws get reset, and hopefully people have a little fun....and learn why it's bad to overload the AI with laws.

It WILL need admin/mentor interaction, as it's effectively a mini-event. Judgement calls will need to be made before anything starts. It can't be an automatic system, or we'll just see people pulling things like uploading X freeform laws just to set off chaos.

I'm not interested, thanks.

It WILL need admin/mentor interaction, as it's effectively a mini-event. Judgement calls will need to be made before anything starts. It can't be an automatic system, or we'll just see people pulling things like uploading X freeform laws just to set off chaos.

Yee, I'm really against having stuff that needs staff fuckery to use.

They got better things to do than be summoned just to like idk make a tomato or something

Yee, I'm really against having stuff that needs staff fuckery to use.

They got better things to do than be summoned just to like idk make a tomato or something

It's not so much staff fuckery, as an IC answer to an ahelp. Everything is already there to make it happen.

AI ahelp: "Dear ghods I got 19 freeform laws and more are incoming I can't handle it!"

Mentor: "Yeah that's bad. Your crazy now. RP it up, don't kill anyone or damage the station, but otherwise feel free to be a pest."

CENTCOM Message: "We see you've driven your AI nuts. Do not damage any AI systems. Wait for Geek Squad ERT to arrive and reset systems"

*trigger ERT*

Mentor: OK ERT here's your job, take this reset board to the AI upload, reset the AI, then find and dismantle any unauthorized law upload consoles.

Mentor: "Yeah that's bad. Your crazy now. RP it up, don't kill anyone or damage the station, but otherwise feel free to be a pest."

*trigger ERT*

Mentor: OK ERT here's your job, take this reset board to the AI upload, reset the AI, then find and dismantle any unauthorized law upload consoles.

Cringe.

Seriously, that's ridiculous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use