There is a distinct lack of Oingo Boingo in your life.

Keroman

You might have heard of Danny Elfman, the man responsible for many of the musical scores to Tim Burton's movies. He's also well known for creating the themes to The Simpson's and Weird Science as well as the vast majority of the music in The Nightmare Before Christmas (as well as providing Jack's singing voice).

You may not have heard of his 80s band Oingo Boingo (originally called The Mystic Knights of Oingo Boingo.) If you haven't you're missing out big-time. It's a very unique sound, blending 80s rock, pop, and some big-band elements. You can certainly hear the influence it had in a lot of his film scores through the 80s, 90s, and even the early 2000s.

Some of my favorites:

No One Lives Forever -

Just Another Day -

Sweat -

Dead Man's Party -

Fool's Paradise -

I am very much of the opinion that Oingo Boingo is one of the most underrated bands of the 80s. They certainly had some small measure of success, especially given Danny Elfman's work on several films of that decade, but hardly anyone I meet has heard of them. Most of my friends have enjoyed the examples linked above and I hope you do as well.

Check 'em out!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use