Punch bag arcade game

NTSAM

340x_boxing.jpg

This thing.

Just another arcade game cuz you can never have enough.

I imagine it'd play like: Spam click a button and if you click past a certain threshold you get a prize, call the clicks "punches", possibly have a high score board (only records a single round's scores to be doable, only allow initials, blacklist certain obscene 3 letter words the server forbodes.)

When it is emagged, it should like I dunno just wham back in your face at terminal velocity after you punch it once, end your game and deal minor brute to your head, maybe knockout or whatever.

Probably feasible to make it as a "stop the bar" game, though Cyclone would probably be a better fit for that style.

Cyclone (aka, that one game where the light spins around the circle and you gotta stop it between the hoops to win the big prize)

A007.jpg

That's definitely a direction i'd like to see things progress in. the claw game shows that it is possible, just gotta find coders who are dedicated enough to make new games using it. I can look into doing a Cyclone game (as this would work fantastically with the transition to tickets from arcade games rather than direct prize dispensing), and definitely encourage people to try and find / make new ideas for arcade games.

this would work fantastically with the transition to tickets from arcade games rather than direct prize dispensing

I can see it now. A new karma job that's basically Arcade Owner or something such. Needs better name as I do not know. OR you could just make a machine that eats up tickets and gives away a prize but that's BORING.

Similar: this sounds like cash registers which I believe the higher ups don't really care for. I think I'd like the economy it would stand for but I don't know if it would work for us.

this would work fantastically with the transition to tickets from arcade games rather than direct prize dispensing

I can see it now. A new karma job that's basically Arcade Owner

o man I want this

The plan is for there to be a machine that handles the ticket redemption, not an otherwise useless karma role that would lock people out from getting prizes because there is no arcade tech on board.

That said, since the arcade stuff is/will be buildable, nothing would stop an enterprising scientist / engineer / grey shirt from building a competing arcade establishment, and acting as its owner.

Not sure if the ticket counter will be upgradeable, but definitely a possibility (better prices or maybe gate the prizes behind upgrades? Need to think on that) I am considering.

On that note, though, keep an ear out for an upcoming announcement regarding arcades.

not an otherwise useless karma role that would lock people out from getting prizes because there is no arcade tech on board

I'd argue the barber is a useless karma job with the only benefit of it being that you can cut and color peoples hair for no reason, BUT I'm sure there is a counter argument waiting. I also really don't want another Ore Redemption Machine. I miss watching the conveyor belt smelting and stacking metals. I understand why it was done, I just don't care for it. The same for a ticket machine and a whole area that is basically a new bar sans drunkards but more gaming machines. Sure a ticket machine would make things more simple, but having someone give you the prize you so fought the RNG for is a lot more satisfying.

Lastly, I really don't want the ticket machine to be emagged and getting explosive teddy bears out of it. I know that'll be a thing eventually and I can't see any reason for it

I also really don't want another Ore Redemption Machine.

The idea is that the ticket counter would work like a hybrid between the merchandise computer in cargo (the one that has the flags and snap pops) and a vending machine, in that it lists all the prizes and short descriptions while only accepting a physical payment (like how you can buy with cash from a vendor, except this would use tickets). The arcade would to some extent be much like the bar, however it would be obviously more focused on the games and act as an alternative to the "younger" crew and those who don't drink / hate the jukebox / the bar blew up and I'm not able to survive in the vacuum of space. The arcade room would house at least one of each of the arcade games (eventually this might not be the case due to size limitations, in which case it would house a random assortment) as well as the ticket counter, and maybe a snack and drink vendor. This area would not really make sense as part of the bar / cafeteria that we currently have, as it simply doesn't fit the right theme.

Sure a ticket machine would make things more simple, but having someone give you the prize you so fought the RNG for is a lot more satisfying.

The problem with making it reliant on a person is that there'd be little stopping them from just giving out the toys for free. The bartender has their EFTPOS device so they can actually collect appropriate income for the drinks served, but how often do you actually see this used (ignoring potential lynchings, riots, and theft of the booze-o-mat as a result of them doing so). Further, fighting the RNG for would still give you the reward of the tickets for beating the game, just as they currently reward you with the prize itself now. There'd be little to gain other than some guy saying "Hey, good for you, have a sticker." to differentiate it from the current method.

Lastly, I really don't want the ticket machine to be emagged and getting explosive teddy bears out of it. I know that'll be a thing eventually and I can't see any reason for it

If the ticket counter machine is able to be emagged, it would likely unlock some secret syndicate prizes instead of turning it into a death machine. Things like a syndicate balloon or perhaps some of the cheaper and less commonly purchased items like syndicate cards or soap, for example.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use