NT - Profile Archive - Von Bon

Knightedskull

This will be a thread where I post the stories round the activities of my character, either daily or every other day.

I'm hoping to also turn this character into something more than "that guy over there", eventually filling in a character sheet soon.

There's always a story somewhere when I play and I hate to forget them or not share them.

I'll try and write this in a serious format but feel free to pick out any of my screw ups.

I am not an author or a great writer but I have things in my head and events that I want to share.

So feedback would be most appreciated.

I plan on having three separate types of stories:

• One done in a journal style : Basically highlights and memorable shifts of the non-horrible-death-type. Canon? That's a better word.

• One done in a different perspective : Likely how an NT Rep/Agent views it or just 'recordings' or aftermaths of an event.

And another that is I guess shifts that ultimately had "bad" endings. the character ending type. I don't plan on focusing on those types but I'm not going to let a good story go to waste if it happens.

Now with a Character Sheet : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6634

(insert organized future story post links here)

Edited by Guest

Unsure of what format to do this or style, the first one turned out to be longer than I had hoped...for what was a short and nearly uneventful shift. Too much fluff maybe? Here it is anyway and I hope someone enjoys the read.

NanoTrasen Anti-Syndicate Archive - Record #3924 :

| Record #3925 - Play |

- A small and near barren room is shown with horribly dimmed lighting. -

- There is only three pieces of furniture. A small table and two chairs. -

- A lone Vulpkanin sits on a chair with his back to the wall. -

- He is dressed in a white jumpsuit that bare the markings of a medical doctor and wears prescription glasses. His ID is not in place. -

- He is unable to hide his nerves as his hands shake and orange tail flicks around restlessly. -

- The sound of a door opening and closing is hear and what looks like a man steps into the small room. -

- He wears a sharp suit that speaks NanoTransen all over it and face masked by void glasses and shadows. -

The Vulpkanin jumps out of his chair and says : "D-Did you get it? I-I wasn't kidding when I said I need it." with a flare of desperation.

The man in the suit speaks in a calm tone : "Now now, settle down. I got your favorite right here, Carp Classic."

- The man reaches inside his coat packet and takes out a matchbook and a packet of cigarettes, waving it slightly in front of the Vulpkinan as if teasing. -

- The man in the suit takes a seat in the only other chair before tossing the matchbook on the table, the Vulpkanin seems to calm down slightly before sitting back in his chair, keeping his eyes on the packet. -

- After a few seconds the man unwraps and opens the packet, handing out a cigarette. -

- The Vulpkanin hungrily takes it and deftly lights it with a match. -

There is a long inhale and exhale before the Vulpkanin speaks : " Ahh...I really really needed that....I lost count how long I've been without one."

A slight chuckle can be heard from the man in the suit : "Yes, Mr. Bon, our records show you have quite a history with addictions, among other things."

Mr.Bon pauses slightly before speaking, seemingly to just enjoy the smoke: "...yeah...just call me Von. And please don't mention the incidents with the alcohol." he says before turning his eyes to the wall.

Man : "Then lets talk about something else. Like, for instance, your brother."

Von Bon takes the cigarette butt out of his mouth and flicks it towards the corner.

Von : "I'm going to need another."

The man digs into his suit pocket to take out the packet and then hands over another cigarette to Von before he putting it away.

Doesn't take more than a split second for a brief spark to appear and it is lit.

Von proceeds to lean back on his chair and says : "Yeah...about my brother...the only reason I'm alive or not in prison now is because he was found. Right? Got his side of the story and all that?"

The man shifts his shoulders a bit : "Yes. We found him exactly where you told us he was. Where you were told he would be. It didn't take much to get him to talk either."

Von Bon : "HA! I know exactly what you guys did to get him to say or do anything and it was probably the same way they grabbed him too." *in a mocking tone* "Gotta have dat space-dank, yo!"

- The Vulpkanin looks annoyed at this prospect and starts rubbing his forehead. -

- There is a minute long pause before someone speaks again. -

Von Bon : "Look...I already explained everything I know and all I done. I even gave you my PDA I had that shif-"

Man : "And it was heavily modified. The kind syndicate operative use to carry out their missions."

Von Bon : "And just by looking at it you can tell I never even changed the frequency or teleported in anything."

Von gets out the chair, a flash of frustration on his face as he nearly yells : "I'm not a traitor. Look at my records! I've done my fair share of being a loyal officer. Hell, I have even been acting Head of Security, twice!".

The man remains seated and doesn't flinch to Von's outburst : "Mr.Bon, I advise you to sit down and remain calm."

- There is a slight hesitation before Von takes his place back on the chair. -

Man : "As of this moment, no one is labeling you a traitor. And once again I have to say we have already looked through your records."

Man : "We also know you've jumped across multiple job positions after you were honorbly discharged from security after that incident with the hulk."

- At the moment the man said the word HULK, Von Bon winces as he quickly moves his hand near his heart, grasping firmly. -

Von Bon : "I-I...they said to take things easy after the surgery...and to stay away from engineering or science...if an EMP were to hit me..."

- A moment of silence passes as Von Bon rests his head on the table. -

The man seems to adjust his red tie before saying : "Lets get straight to business, we've wasted enough time as it is. This time on the record."

- Von Bon remains slumped on the table as the man spoke -

Man : "At what point did you notice your brother was missing?"

Von : "When he wasn't answering calls, messages, and wasn't with his friends."

Von : "Soon as I opened the door I saw the large package and...inside were pictures...of my brother..."

- Von starts to look really uncomfortable, obviously not wanting to continue. -

Man : "You don't need to go into details. We...saw everything when we inspected your place. Please fast forward to when you arrived at the station."

Von : "R-right. Well I had gotten to medbay and went about as normal, preparing everything, grabbing medical equipment and mentally preparing myself for whatever it was I had to do."

Von : "I was told to not open my backpack until after I had read the instructions on my PDA."

Von : "I was so worried about what I might had to do to see my brother again..."

- There is a moment of Silence as Von Bon sits up. -

Von : "Don't get me wrong, I'm no pacifist, as my time in security shows, but that doesn't mean I like to hurt people."

Man : "Then why did you join security? It is inevitable that you would hurt someone."

Von : "Well...I always wanted to help people. I grew up helping the family as much as I could or what friends I had."

Von : "I figured...hey...maybe I could be that guy that stood between death and someone's life. Thinking I might make a difference and improve community. One less criminal at a time....that sort of mentality. "

- Von's shoulders start to slump before continuing -

Von : "But I was younger and that sort of mentality was only a measure of prevention rather than one of fixing."

Von : "before the...incident...I was already having doubts about working in security....it's hard to carry out orders that...just freeze your own concept of morality."

Man : "Are you referring to that time you were given the order to personally cremate the vampire, the one they nicknamed 'bloodless'?"

- At this point Von Bon starts to cross his arms to hold onto them. -

Von : "Yeah...while begging...set on fire the instant we set foot in the church...I don't want to talk about it anymore. You've obviously seen and heard the whole ordeal."

Man : "Yes. Excuse me for derailing. You were worried about your orders."

Von : "hey, can I get another smoke?"

Man : "After you finish smiling for the camera."

- a noisy groan is heard from Von Bon -

Von : "Fine. So, yeah, I was worried about what my orders were and was immediately relieved that my assignment turned out to be simply passing notes with someone and trade it for my brother. No murder or-"

- The man raises his arm and slams it onto the table. -

Man : "The syndicate is not some note-passing childs play! Those were sensitive and important documents you gave away! Who knows what they could have contained. Possibly information that could shut them down or damage us further."

Man : "As a former officer, you should have realised that!"

- Von Bon looks to have been taken aback by the out lash, almost about to fall off his chair. -

Von : "H-hey man calm down. Its not like I chose any of that." he says as he regains composure.

Von : "Blood was on the line and, at least directly, no one was going to get hurt. If I didn't do what they asked of me then either me or him would be dead. Or both."

- There is a minute of audio silence -

Von : "Anyway I memorized our seemingly random code words and phrases and looked up who I was having to give and get the documents from."

Von : "It turned out to be virologist right there in the medical wing. Now that I think of it, it seems almost too perfect with how everything went."

Von : "Almost as if the Syndicate had a position in higher commands and placed-"

- Immediately the man in the suit stands up and positions himself in front of the camera, using his finger to draw a line across his neck -

- Audio Input is turned off -

- The Man is next to Von Bon and seems to have aggressively grabbed him by the shoulders, nearly shaking him. -

- They have what looks like a heated debate while Von Bon face expresses a mix of frustration and confusion. -

- Soon the man lets go of Von Bon to deliver a powerful slap across the face, leaving him dazed, shocked, and his glasses crooked. -

- Before each sit back in their seats, the man steps in front of the camera again and performs a hand signal. -

- Audio Input is turned back on. -

Man : "Continue. Now! And no last names."

- It takes a moment for Von Bon to regain what composure he had left, adjusting his glasses and settling on crossing his arms while looking towards the wall again, head held down. -

Von : "Yes sir. I contacted Nova. We exchanged code words. We meet in her lab and go to a nearby private room. We exchange the papers and depart. After that we tried to maintain no eye contact.

Von : "That is when the announcement came in. There were currently no active engineers. Planned or not, the singularity was out and in stage 1."

Von : "Shuttle was called. I was thanking the stars that this was going to be over quickly and I can get my brother back."

Von : " I start going around collecting as much medical supplies as I could stuff into my bag to bring onto the shuttle."

Von : "Was grabbing some splints when I realized that ...that THING-"

Man : "*AHEM*"

- Von Bon puts a hand to the cheek that had been hit. -

Von : "the...VOX...he had been following me after I had left virology though I did not know why until later. He was going to kill me and...impersonate me."

Von : "That is when he...attacked another medical staff. Sliced him up with his....arm. And then he started coming after me."

Von : "I...ran. I just stood there and watched as another doctor gets cut nearly in half and instead of helping him...I just ran..."

Von : "Usually my training would kick in but...I could only think of living to save my brother...I had to leave the man to die."

- Von Bon starts to mask his eyes for a moment with his hands before continuing -

Von : "After I lost the Vox , I ended up in the hallway and the Head of Personnel was there. I quickly warned him of the vox in medical and all security officers I saw on my way."

Von : "I don't know what happened to the Vox but I never saw him again and kept myself busy from the thought by hanging out and healing the security staff."

Von : "After that...well...here I am...can I have the cigarette now?"

- Before Von Bon could take his eyes off the wall and look at the man sitting in front of him, the man seems to half-fold his arm and pull pack quickly with a flick of his wrist, producing a cigarette and offering it -

Man : "Last one before we leave."

- Von Bon accepts the cigarette and instinctively lights it up with another match -

Von : "Leave...for home?" he asks in a uncertain tone.

Man : "Yes, home. As I said, no one labeling you as a traitor for your actions. In fact, you had inadvertently helped us greatly."

Von : "How so?" Von Bon says as he stands up from the chair followed by the man.

Man : "The Vox was indeed captured, dealt with in the appropriate manner, all thanks to you . Had he killed and impersonated you then it would be working for the syndicate by now and be extremely dangerous."

- The Man walks over to Von Bon. -

- Von Bons' eyes start to wander about the room, before they settle into a stare in the wall directly in front of him. -

Man : "I need you to sit down now, before we leave." he says as he slowly lowers and guide Von Bon back in his seat, without resistance.

- Von Bon raises a shaking hand and pulls out the cigarette and shifts his stare at it. -

Von Bon : "N-not the s-same taste..."

Man : "Try and aim for the table." he says as he removes Von Bon's glasses.

Von Bon : "...s-shit..." is all he can manage to say before face planting on the table.

- The man moves towards the camera and crosses his arm in the shape of an X -

- Video and Audio stop. End of Recording -

| Journal Entry #X1X |

Why is it that those with the position of Head of Personnel try to go mad with what power they have? Twice since I quit the force have I've been on the cruel end of a baton to these people. Or maybe it was the same one....things get fuzzy after a few bottles.

I'll start with the first one.

My brother had finally arrived on the NSS Cyberiad and I had not seen him for so long. I took the day off of work to give him a tour around the place.

Along the way, we could not help but notice the Head of Personnel office door was open and Ian the adorable corgi was standing in the doorway. How could anyone not stop to pet and huge the dog is beyond me. It seemed Ian took a shine to us as he started to follow us up to the bar where me and my brother got some drinks.

Ian left to go where ever he wanted and me and my brother decided, with slightly hazy logic, that we could run a better bar and I told him about the abandoned behind the chapel.

So we head over there, drinks in hand, and arrive to a not too badly beat up bar.

That is when we found a broken vending machine and we both tried and noticed there wasn't any electricity in the place. None of us electricians and didn't fancy shocking ourselves to death.

We chug what we have remaining and I "suggested" we just turn the old backup electrical room into a bar.

So we haphazardly get in there, trespassing as it were, start removing floor panels to replace with the wooden floor . We both finally get the vending machine in when my brother said he had to go get something and leaves.

That is when I hear the old jackboots stomping about nearby and a security guard enters the room.

I'm still a little buzzed and trying to get the damnable booze-o-mat to work when the officer demands I drop everything and get on the floor.

I naturally comply as I have no ill intent for any officer. Anyone else I'd have told to piss off.

Anyway he inspects all my stuff and my brother is nowhere to be seen. Then all of a sudden, I see the Head of Personnel himself barge into the room. He is looking extremely pissed off as if I killed his dog.

And that is exactly how he reacts as he started yelling at me where his dog was.

I tell him I don't know where his dog and then he starts beating me! The fucker thinking he can get away with that. Anyway, I take a few hits to the face and that woke me up pretty damn fast. Before I could bring the old fisticuffs out, the HoP cheats and takes out his baton. I was down on the floor in a split second.

I take the beatings, fucker breaking me hand, as the standing officer watched. A promising officer at the start, wasted with no balls to stand up to those with authority. Eventually I get dragged away by the officer with and the HoP follows to yell and scream at me. I stopped giving any damn about him or his dog so I only replied to him in a language he didn't know.

They had to get a borg to translate for me. Eventually the HoS and Brig Physician notice my wounds.

I told them everything, even the name of the officer who witnessed it all. I had a big grin on my face. As the HoP was being chewed out. I get my wounds treated and hand splint and let out. No charges for trespassing. I guess it was their way of saying sorry. Course as I was walking out of security I could not help but inform the captain when I saw him.

I could not stop grinning and laughing in the inside and the best part was they found Ian inside the bloody bridge, making the HoP look even more the fool. I'm sure he was but I hope asshole got demoted for that. Still waiting for the paperwork for that whole mess.

I don't remember much of the rest of the shift, as me and my brother spent it drinking until the shuttle came for whatever reason. Going to try out a new job. Xenobiology doesn't seem so complicated.

I don't mind spoiling what will be obvious, the slimes, but the fun starts after the drinking binge and a trip to the HoP office.

I just hope it wont be too long of a story since it'll cover start of the shift until the end. My current main issue is when I start typing, I type too much ( as you can see with the first story which was based off of 5 minutes of gameplay and I still feel like I missed out on a lot in it).

I couldn't even finish my character sheet because I feel like I put in too much and I need to compact it all and save the details for stories ( as majority of it was based from various shifts). It's like over 4500 characters long and not even finished.

These will probably be my favorite shifts out of all the ones I had.

Journal Log #3XX

HA, more proof that psychiatrists are frauds. All they ever do is get you addicted to drugs and tell you that booze can't solve your problems. Well it just so happens it did and, in case I kill too many brain cells and can't remember, I'm putting it on record. Let's start from the top.

Have you ever had one of those Night-terrors? I had a nasty one last night. It was a sick and twisted corruption of a reoccurring one; the one based on memories of that burning vampire. I don't think I'll ever know why our brains do this but mine had to make my friend, Praxis, the vampire. Of course it had to up the ante by having him stock medical with the best medicines before he turned himself in.

That was when I knew it had to be a nightmare; the pieces and scenario were the same.

Back then I was an officer; bound by my sense of duty, pride, and the thought that I was doing "the right thing". The thought to disobey orders never crossed my mind.

Now I was a surgeon. I couldn't easily waltz into security and I had no standing authority.

This was no lucid dream. I had no reality bending powers but I was able to slip into security and be beside my friend while they cast their judgement onto him.

I tried to vouch for him because I knew he was in chemistry practically the whole shift and his work shows in the fridge. Security listened to me and Praxis for the most part. It all came down to the captains orders as it always is and we waited for his response.

I gave Praxis my last cigarette, the lucky one, for what felt like a last ditch hope.

That hope was broken; captain said execution followed by borging. We demanded a magistrate but there was none on board. The captain came by briefly to tell us once more the order he gave. He would not listen to us.

I wanted to punch him so badly but i couldn't. Before I realized it the captain was no longer there; out of existence and thus can't be argued with.

This was the big difference between memory and dream: someone else had to do the execution.

But it was more gut wrenching seeing it happen to my friend. Watching them strap him to the chair.

I can't remember his last words but...the smoke afterwords nearly sent me to shock.

When it was over, he still had the cigarette in his mouth and they put him in a body bag.

I vouched to drag him to the roboticist and they allowed it, with company.

I walked slowly, Praxis in tow, all the way there.

I could not stop to do anything. I wanted to shove the officer down and run. Run like a madman and revive my friend. But I could not. I couldn't deviate from the path. It was exactly like those type of dreams where you had a revolver and you wanted to shoot it, NEEDED to shoot it, but you cant. You try and pull the trigger but it doesn't budge. You use all your strength and the most you would be able to do is slightly raise the hammer but it is never enough.

They proceed to borg him while I stood there like a statue. The final twist from this nightmare came when the borg came active and doesn't remember anything.

I need a drink before continuing.

Anyway, I woke up sweating in the middle of medbay with the smell of cheese and crackers in the air.

Those moments where you wake up after a dream and you instantly forget it? In a way I was begging my mind for that to happen and I tried to do so by going about things normally. Not only would it not escape my mind but Praxis was working in chemistry again.

I don't think I can fully express what i felt at the time but I was feeling really low.

So I turn towards the bar as soon as I could and saying where I''d be in the medical channel.

For a second I thought I was in a dream again when no one questioned me but then I remembered that no one checks the medical records.

When I got to the bar there wasn't really anyone there, none that I could remember, except Zeke.

I'll say this now: Zeke is the best bartender I ever met and makes the best Manly Dwarf ( actually called Dorf) drinks I ever had.

I get my drink fast and I start guzzling it down. I barely keep to my usual pace and resist chugging the entire thing. It doesn't take long where I start telling various stories. I probably told Zeke the whole nine yards.

Unfortunately, as I was told later, it was all the tragic stories I had.

It kinda explains why i found my suit sensors lowered. My mood just got darker and more depressing that, thinking back on it now, I think I was contemplating suicide. I'm hoping it's an afterthought and going to leave it.

Anyway, I think I was resting on the floor after a few drinks when Valthorne walks in.

Crimson red vulpkanin and just so happens to be the CMO. I like to think we are friends and he is competent.

I don't know if I was trying to save face or what but I think i sprouted nonsensical excuses to justify why I was so smashed.

I don't think it'd matter either way as, all things considered, medbay had nothing to do.

Valthorne grabs a drink and starts joining my wallowing. But I believe that was when I started cheering up. I had someone to talk and interact with; Zeke, as good a bartender he is, doesn't say much.

I stuck to my manly Dwarf drinks while Valthorne kept to some...I don't remember what it was. When he ran out I told him to try some of mine and he took to it too.

Soon, Praxis came along. By then I was too drunk to worry about my dream...I probably actually called him over for fun. Hell I even told him about it and gave him my Manly Dwarf.

More stories and drinks abound, including the ones where all the moments of romance I ever had ended explosively. Literally. But we were all being a happy little family. With copious amounts of vomiting and drink slinging.

Soon more people came into the bar to drink with us and I think at this point Nat and Garoon was behind the counter helping Zeke out.

Eventually I realized something was wrong and I ask Zeke how long we've been drinking. He says over an hour and a half.

Me and the rest of the guys were stunned.

It turns out an angel by the name of Jo was making sure none of us were dying from drinking the ludicrous amounts of beer-ale concoction.

He was working hard and fast making chemicals and antihol to stop us from keeling over. Though i swear he only gave the antihol to the non-vulpkanins....poor Praxis.

From then on things get more fuzzy and weird. Valthorne mentions some story about being forced at gun point to marry a wyrm. Some stupid-cute animal-creature-thing showed up at the bar, doing tricks and dances for us and everybody loved it.

Praxis goes on how his drink is never empty. Valthrone gets turned into a girl by the geneticist. Crazy party overall. All of medbay was having a blast that shift as well as others that joined in. It lasted for HOURS. I was too drunk to care how long it took and still surprised there was enough beer and ale to last that long for everyone.

Eventually the shuttle gets called while I was out for a whiz but while I drunkenly head towards there Valthorne comes up to me in a medical mechsuit of all things. I get placed in the sleeper and hauled all the way to the security escape pod.

Inside the was all my bar buddies and Ian the corgi. All cramped into such a compact pod ship.

I join in and get stuffed inside and we wait for the launch; during which someone took out a dye and painted some of us Neon pink. I'm still trying to get the stuff out of my fur.

Great times and moment were had that shift. I need more nice memories.

Thanks for the moment people.

*EDIT* Now with art from PhantasmicDream - Link to thread : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4267&start=1210

Welcome to the Mead-Bay, where the drinks never end

tumblr_nztxgf00hT1rwve5ao1_540.jpg

So we have Nat, (fem)Zeke, Sax and Garoon behind the table, and then we have Sip, Von, Valthorne, Praxis, and Cid in front of the table.

tumblr_nzulz4guXz1rwve5ao1_540.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use