"NAS Trurl here" - A Guide to Faxes

TullyBBurnalot

Very nice explanation.

One thing I've been meaning to ask is: what's the primary difference between communication console messages to centcom and faxes to centcom?

One main difference is that, the captains direct line will almost always be responded too, by BSA or by an actual message / action.

Going "Hey NT, how are you?" will most likely result in a demotion notice, because you just wasted very VERY expensive equipment on doing fuck all.

its about...this expensive to buy a kit

https://www.google.com/search?q=quantum ... iment+cost

and about...this possible IRL

http://phys.org/news/2014-07-scientists ... ified.html

i realise im not adding anything to the conversation

And can they send faxes FTL?

imagine a string thats not loose tied to something, pulling the string would pull the something instantly.

now, imagine the same, except its quantum electronic stuff that reaches infinitely...so, pen pals on two ends of the galaxy is possible as long as both the fax machines have been hooked up to each other during production or something, and you cant intercept the message while inbetween either.

i imagine it cant be THAT expensive.

imagine a string thats not loose tied to something, pulling the string would pull the something instantly.

now, imagine the same, except its quantum electronic stuff that reaches infinitely...so, pen pals on two ends of the galaxy is possible as long as both the fax machines have been hooked up to each other during production or something, and you cant intercept the message while inbetween either.

Oh, didn't see the quantum entanglement article there. I thought you just meant regular fax machines. :|

And, I'm gonna guess that is not how SS13 fax machines are supposed to work, simply because you can set one of multiple destinations (which entanglement would not allow). The answer to that question is probably "somethingsomething bluespace somethingsomething", which is the expensive part.

Oh, didn't see the quantum entanglement article there. I thought you just meant regular fax machines. :|

And, I'm gonna guess that is not how SS13 fax machines are supposed to work, simply because you can set one of multiple destinations (which entanglement would not allow). The answer to that question is probably "somethingsomething bluespace somethingsomething", which is the expensive part.

bluespace =/= quantum.

the fax machine can send to CC. via quantum just like ERT requests, but it stops using quantum when sending to other station faxes.

then again, im just a guy on the internet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use