Rockmen (only SLIGHTLY taken from FTL)

Gentlemanly_headcrab

So! I had an idea last night at 12-1am in the morning while writing an essay for school. We have Slimes, Vox, Tajaran, Humans, Plasmapeople, and assorted other things. I came up with a little idea that I think would be a nice addition to our station.

Rockmen/woman/people

-Immune to fire: Considering they are rock creatures there's not really a way to light them on fire and keep them like that. If you use alcohol or a flammable material it probably won't do much.

-Heavy punches: Less of a chance to hit with the general punching (considering they are really slow) but those punches do heavy damage.

-More health?: Kinda skeptical on more health but massive rock creatures might need it considering some de-buffs.

-SLOW: Absolutely slow as nothing before (maybe even slower than diona)

-Pickaxes / drills / plasma cutters: They do twice the damage on rock people.

-Don't automatically regenerate health: Not sure how to heal a rock monster, I'm open for suggestions

-They crumble down when they die (kinda like IPC's) and drop... a brain maybe?

-And probably my final little idea that I think was cute: If they have Run selected they move slightly faster but create a loud stomping sound (similar to a mech) Because these rocks aren't stealthy at all. And if Walk is selected, they go into a slower pace and the stomping sound is cut off.

Open for suggestions! and tweaks!

http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Races/Rockman <-- Link to the FTL page I referenced a bit of it on.

Adamantine golems. These are SUPPOSED to be our rock people but are not OP enough like the guys you're saying.

Actually I've been trying to think of a way that golems could be made into the most robust things on the station while still having enough debuffs that they are balanced. These seem to do nicely I say but then the rest of the community would have to get on board with it. No one's really looking at adding another race (aside from the resomi) but as features for golems I think this would fit well.

I swear /tg/ had a generic Golem type thing that was actual rock, on a very-slightly off topic note. Anyway.

I would love to see these as a replacement for Shadow People in Xenobiology because Shadow People are fucking stupid right now and it'd be great to replace it with something that isn't suicide until the possibility they're ever made good. Then find some other nice place to implement them. Or we should put them in the karma shop for the same price as IPCs (Because from what you suggest I imagine a noisy, slower, and more shielded IPC made from minerals.)

And if exploding limbs on IPCs wasn't snowflake code, it'd be totally easy to just slap that onto these guys, right?

And adamantine =/= rock people, it makes me sad we don't have any natural-born rockbros. ;n;

Adamantine golems. These are SUPPOSED to be our rock people but are not OP enough like the guys you're saying..

Because having 90 melee armor and being immune to space is totally weak...

Adamantine golems. These are SUPPOSED to be our rock people but are not OP enough like the guys you're saying..

They aren't immune to space; they just don't take oxygen damage. A golem died in space due to pressure the other day.

Regardless, those damn golems are OP as shit.

They aren't immune to space; they just don't take oxygen damage. A golem died in space due to pressure the other day.

Regardless, those damn golems are OP as shit.

Sure it wasn't something else, because their suits and helmets have pressure resistance.

I always imagined them to be a little more OP. Almost broken OP at least in defense and resistances but still kill-able. No one here would agree with my idea for them so I'll just leave that topic

How is 90% damage reduction from melee sources anywhere near not OP? That means a freaking esword will only do 3 damage to them. THREE damage.

You're insane if you think this isn't OP enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use