Minerals Crate

Earthdivine

Everyone knows how hard it is to be Science. You spend all round long getting those tech levels up and by the time Miners come back with minerals the Shuttles already called. Either that or you end up with stuck up Captains or HoP's that refuse to let your men get mining access.

Meta Station (i think thats the map name) has a crate that can be ordered from Cargo that comes with a random assortment of minerals in it to help the Science teams, since their rounds are generally smaller then ours. The crate itself costed like a whopping 60-80 points to order though so it was hard to abuse it, and i think it might be helpful for rounds that theres no Miners or cargo has had no orders in a long while.

Edited by Guest

I like this idea.

If 75 points got you -

1 Diamond if you're lucky

1-3 Gold

2-5 Silver

5-10 Uranium

How often would you get it, and what'd you use it for?

well, taken from one that is very often the RD, the gold, silver, and uranium lets you build about 75% of all the stuff that your tech levels gives you, and judging by those amounts, aren't quite enough that Robotics can yoink it and churn out a Durand without anyone knowing (unless they got really lucky with the uranium and silver drops from it)

A small teleporther connecting the Outpost (Mining or Xenoarch) to the R&D could be useful. Or even a small outpost between the two, only for non-organic material, as it is made just to send crates and artifacts quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a mining outpost yea, but it and the science station have tubes that lead directly to the mining EVA instead of a smelter, hitch helps out miners ALOT of you have any, but if you don't, you still need the Mining access anywas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use