Add saline-glucose to mid-tier sleepers

Crazylemon

Aside from omnizine, and epinephrine on a critical patient, there's nothing in the sleeper that will patch up burn damage. On middle tiers, could the sleeper inject saline-glucose for those light wounds that wouldn't merit time in cryo otherwise?

I support this, but I'd rather see Saline-Glucose be the base tier and replace Styptic, given how low of a heal rate Saline has to begin with.

Making Styptic/Silver Sulfadiazine a tier 2 or 3 would be fine. Or maybe adding Salicylic Acid and Oxandrolone (the /tg/ counterpart to Salicylic for burns) at tier 2 and Styptic/Silver or even synthflesh at tier 3?

Well, Synthflesh won't help in a sleeper, since it skips the "Injection" part of applying chemicals, so it won't do the "On patch" bit of healing. The reason Styptic Powder works (And not extremely effectively, which would be the instant 2-to-1 ratio) is because in addition to the healing on application (which only procs when used as a patch), it also decays at a rapid rate (3u per tick) to restore a point of brute each time. The advantage Sal-Glu has, even though it only heals 2/3 a point every tick, is that it decays at .15 u per tick, meaning the doctor only needs to put the patient in and administer the full 20 u to fix 90 points of each type and be done with it, rather than the constant monitoring needed for Styptic Powder (heals only 7 points of brute per 20u dose).

The only difference between styptic and synth is that synth metabolizes instantly. They both require patch/touch to be used, so unless the Styptic in the sleepers is just renamed version of another chem, I don't really see why synthflesh wouldn't work as well.

In retrospect I don't think Synth should be in sleepers unless its an tier 4 chem to replace or coincide with Omnizine since a sleeper with (working) synth would generally be able to instantly heal someone back to 0/0 brute/burn damage with no chance of OD

From newchem/medicine.dm.

Styptic Powder:

datum/reagent/styptic_powder

name = "Styptic Powder"

id = "styptic_powder"

description = "Styptic (aluminium sulfate) powder helps control bleeding and heal physical wounds."

reagent_state = LIQUID

color = "#C8A5DC"

metabolization_rate = 3

datum/reagent/styptic_powder/reaction_mob(var/mob/living/M as mob, var/method=TOUCH, var/volume, var/show_message = 1)

if(iscarbon(M))

if(method == TOUCH)

M.adjustBruteLoss(-volume)

if(show_message)

M << "The styptic powder stings like hell as it closes some of your wounds!"

M.emote("scream")

if(method == INGEST)

M.adjustToxLoss(0.5*volume)

if(show_message)

M << "You feel gross!"

..()

return

datum/reagent/styptic_powder/on_mob_life(var/mob/living/M as mob)

if(!M) M = holder.my_atom

M.adjustBruteLoss(-2*REM)

..()

return

Synthflesh:

datum/reagent/synthflesh

name = "Synthflesh"

id = "synthflesh"

description = "A resorbable microfibrillar collagen and protein mixture that can rapidly heal injuries when applied topically."

reagent_state = LIQUID

color = "#FFEBEB"

datum/reagent/synthflesh/reaction_mob(var/mob/living/M, var/method=TOUCH, var/volume,var/show_message = 1)

if(!M) M = holder.my_atom

if(iscarbon(M))

if(method == TOUCH)

M.adjustBruteLoss(-1.5*volume)

M.adjustFireLoss(-1.5*volume)

if(show_message)

M << "The synthetic flesh integrates itself into your wounds, healing you."

..()

return

datum/reagent/synthflesh/reaction_turf(var/turf/T, var/volume) //let's make a mess!

src = null

if(volume >= 5)

new /obj/effect/decal/cleanable/blood/gibs(T)

playsound(T, 'sound/effects/splat.ogg', 50, 1, -3)

return

Styptic Powder has both an "On life" effect, which has the milder healing effect that you see in the sleepers, and an "On application" effect which handles the initial healing effect and the screaming when used as a patch/splashed on someone. Synthflesh has the "On application" reaction, but lacks the "On life" effect to heal a patient's wounds once it's actually in the patient's system. Unless the sleepers were to be modified to change how they apply chemicals, they wouldn't be able to trigger the "On application" effect needed to take advantage of Synthflesh.

Balance-wise, Cryo is capable of bringing patients to full health in moments, so perhaps a concession could be made there for higher sleeper tiers. As I've mentioned before, what gives me reservations is injecting a bunch of a chemical that will continue to heal you even after you've left the sleeper and won't deplete for a long time, which is beyond the abilities of the cryo tube and could potentially unbalance things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use