This is more of a overall complaint but...

thebeoni

Hello, all what i want to say is. Few days ago unnamed admin said in OOC this:

"If your notes are bad you may get banned even if you didn't do anything wrong"

So, that makes me think, can you ban someone purposely just because they did few things "close" to but not breaking rules or bad things they are not proud of in past? Because after that statement i am afraid to come back to server just because i can accidentally screw something up even a little bit and get banned for it. I do know i am not one of the best players of the server but still i don't want to be afraid to log in into one of my favorite games.

Also i would like to ask about one thing from my ban history, at the time i received perma ban from IcyV i really regret what i said that time(swearing). But when i look back at it, I was there with security and when i asked QM(Zeke Northey - IcyV) to put down the gun he instead grabbed riot shield and runned out at me(he also had a weapon in his hand at the time dont remember what kind of weapon). Which if you will read space law about Use of Deadly Force:

you will find this - Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons, and you have reasonable suspicion that they will use these against you, lethal force is permitted. Although in the majority of cases it is still preferable to attempt to detain them non-lethally.

Note: Unauthorised personnel in the armory are considered by default to be Armed and Dangerous, maximum force is permitted to subdue such targets.

And i do believe that was the case. So i don't really care since i was unbanned after few months but it still bugs that i MAY have been banned unfairly.

Please do not take this as if i am trying to be impolite. I am doing my best to sound as polite as my english language skills let me.

Hello, all what i want to say is. Few days ago unnamed admin said in OOC this:

"If your notes are bad you may get banned even if you didn't do anything wrong"

The context of this line is pretty vague to me. Does he mean when people have done so much borderline grievious stuff that an admin looks at his notes one and see he had like 8 notes in two days where an admin had to be involved in a negative way, but wasn't banned because the situation itself was not really banworthy or he pleaded that he won't do it again if given another chance?

if so, I would bring this up to the staff chat and discuss if we should ban him/her. If deemed to be a too bad impact on the server and community. he would likely to be banned, yes.

For the notes itself;

Notes are not just random text. They are written down recordings of events in where an admin had to be involved with this person, Often the reason due to bad play. So the admin in person might have ment this.

Although positive notes are also written out (If you were especially awesome at a round).

The conversation this was said in went on for quite some time but basically for a person to be banned for their general bad behavior they would have to be consistantly bad for a long time.

This includes their notes, minor bans, on edge behavior, behavior towards admins and players oocly and icly, how many times they repeat offend, if they change after being talked to by an admin etc. etc. etc.

Its not something that happens on day two.

If I remember correctly we did this once to a person who was gaining somewhere between 10-20 notes per month as well as being banned from playing in multiple departments. and being unbanned from permabans twice already.

Basically you have to make your mere presence on the server unwanted by both the admins and the players because of being completely detrimental to the general health of the community before this happens.

Currently though I can reasonably safely say that noone is close to being -THAT- bad.

EDIT: In your case thebeoni I'd say you're not even close to having one of these bans. Mainly because although yes, you have shown some bad behavior. its not like your bad behavior is consistant, atleast not that I've noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use