Hybrid races

Tauka Usanake

This is going to get a lot of hate. And I mean A LOT. Please don't hurt me.

So this is something from way back. Before dionas. Dionaea? Meh. Anyways before when you could actually potato clone people. There was a chance that they would sometimes come out not fully human but as a "potato person". So they were part plant and I kind of liked it. You could have a few extra bonuses to being not completely human and if not then you at least looked different. Special even.

Seeing that there is already the OP diona tank I would propose a kind of mix to the diona and human powers for lack of a better word. Like instead of being the tanky walking tree you'd still be as weak as a human, maybe more even as you'd be more plant-like. Like a delicate flower. Otherwise you get healed in light and die without it like a normal diona. You're not space or radiation proof and will feel pain. Basically a human with some benefits from diona but not all of them.

Now here's the hate part... It would be nice to see just plant people be a thing, but I'd want to see it applied to other races too. See that the only other races are the *cough* furry kind, I would not be surprised to see this idea be nuked from a bluespace cannon strike. Spammed even. Such destruction would be devastating, but justly so.

I don't understand the code enough to make this a thing myself. If I did then I'd be doing it without mention or bluespace strikes. I do however think it wouldn't be a bad thing if put behind a mildly expensive karma price. And I wouldn't use ERP possibilities as an excuse to not at least consider this. Or members of the furry community and their common actions. I'd just like to see people being able to play as what they want without having to sacrifice headgear for a pair of cat ears.

Besides, the banhammer exists for most reasons if they did abuse being such a person. I see no problem in enforcing the rules that way. After warnings at least.

[spoiler2]hides inside the nuke proof lockers around the station[/spoiler2]

S n o w f l a a a a a a k e s tauka

Other than that 10/10 would Super Station Bros Saga beantide again

(I didn't misread right? Does it mean more plant dude types like that?)

S n o w f l a a a a a a k e s tauka

Other than that 10/10 would Super Station Bros Saga beantide again

(I didn't misread right? Does it mean more plant dude types like that?)

I guess it technically means more snowflaked races, yeah. At least it would be things already stuck into the code though. Other than the plant people most hybrid races would just be appearance. Otherwise it would basically give a more fleshy weak diona human. Again mainly for character sake. In fact the plant people could be a special spawn from just replicant pods as they were before.

Hmmm. To make them a little more nicer I'd make it so that they can't be cloned, but rather on death they shrivel up and leave behind a seed packet that when planted lets them respawn. That would make them a little more viable to use. They would have a long regrow time. Like diona basically.

So as an alternative to the diona (who aren't OP at all, by the way) you want to re-impliment plantmen, who are basically humans who don't need to eat for a karma cost?

I can't imagine that would be a popular race, and they certainly wouldn't have the awesome lore of the Diona.

As far as other hybrids, I'm going to disagree because we already have a lot of near-human races in practice. Skrell for example are just slightly nerfed humans.

As far as other hybrids, I'm going to disagree because we already have a lot of near-human races in practice. Skrell for example are just slightly nerfed humans.

Too much filler; there's no real dinner.

I second this.

I really don't care about having differentiation between races as much in regards to this suggestion. Granted all the hybrid race ideas would just be slightly modified humans if at that. The very most would be the plant people and that's probably the only race I wouldn't put behind a karma cost or in player creation. More like make it an Easter egg for people going through Hydro cloning.

The other hybrids would be, as stated, just human mods. Appearance mainly and would only work for an RP standpoint. Noted again, maybe not the type of RP anyone would enjoy but again again, hammer. It's not my concern that current races are too human. That's not what this suggestion takes into consideration. I just want to see more player customization and choices.

Too much filler; there's no real dinner.

I second this.

I think Diona, IPC, Vox, Plasmamen, Slimes are in a good place.

Skrell are herbivore humans who need fitted hardsuits, nothing unique.

Unathi have claws, are carnivorous, and have one square better darksight (weak to cold, resist heat), gloves/boots

Taj have 7 square darksight, claws, fur, have glove/boot things going on

Grey have 5 square darksight, take 25% more brute damage, weak punches, and have telepathy.

Kidan take 20% less damage, can't wear glasses, and eat diona nymphs (questionable utility, especially since a player diona nymph doesn't die as a result of being eaten, meaning they can still fight from the inside). Inaprovaline makes them high.

I rarely see the karma requirement races that aren't ipc or vox. Personally I wouldn't find it a satisfying use of the resource.

Personally I think that grey would be in a perfect spot if they had a hivemind.

Skrell are just boring, and I'm not sure how to make them interesting.

Unathi heat resist/Taj cold resist don't seem to be very significant, but claws give a good advantage if disarmed, and they don't have major weaknesses. The furries seem happy enough, and with Vulp.

Kidan are tough and have claws, but not being able to wear glasses limits their utility as sec, which would be their natural role otherwise. I would prefer being stronger vs blunt, weaker vs burn or toxic damage.

I really don't care about having differentiation between races as much in regards to this suggestion. Granted all the hybrid race ideas would just be slightly modified humans if at that. The very most would be the plant people and that's probably the only race I wouldn't put behind a karma cost or in player creation. More like make it an Easter egg for people going through Hydro cloning.

The other hybrids would be, as stated, just human mods. Appearance mainly and would only work for an RP standpoint. Noted again, maybe not the type of RP anyone would enjoy but again again, hammer. It's not my concern that current races are too human. That's not what this suggestion takes into consideration. I just want to see more player customization and choices.

This would be a fair amount of coding work, cater only to snowflakes, and would probably have low use.

Skrell are just boring, and I'm not sure how to make them interesting.

Skrell were water-based or something right? Make them more pressure and cold resistant, at the cost of roasting easily and taking oxygen damage if their toxins hit too high. (Logic here is water-based species can't properly process oxygen if toxin content is too high).

Unathi heat resist/Taj cold resist don't seem to be very significant, but claws give a good advantage if disarmed, and they don't have major weaknesses. The furries seem happy enough, and with Vulp.

The damage bonus has been removed. The only advantage they have is their damage type is "sharp".

Kidan take 20% less damage, can't wear glasses, and eat diona nymphs (questionable utility, especially since a player diona nymph doesn't die as a result of being eaten, meaning they can still fight from the inside). Inaprovaline makes them high.

Kidan are tough and have claws, but not being able to wear glasses limits their utility as sec, which would be their natural role otherwise. I would prefer being stronger vs blunt, weaker vs burn or toxic damage.

Inaprovaline has never done anything to Kidan, actually. It no longer exists, either. Kidan damage reduction has been nerfed. Their damage type isn't sharp for melee combat.

Kidan/Unathi are generally taken by people who want to play over-the-top ridiculous, characters. I have yet to encounter a Kidan/Unathi character who actually takes themselves seriously, or in the case of Unathi isn't just greytide who saw a free race option.

This would be a fair amount of coding work, cater only to snowflakes, and would probably have low use.

I like snowflakes, they're pretty and unique.

I really don't have anything else to add to the topic now. The conversation has gone over to general talk about the races and what they have/don't have. Maybe the only thing that would account as a new race would be the plant pod people and the other furry types would just end up being a race selection that only just adds the ears/tail icon over. I wouldn't imagine that too hard to do but I have some other retarded things I'm messing with in the code.

Oh, but I am curious about these. Admin spawnable only but I think the Nucleation person could be a rare chance of happening if someone makes a supermatter engine (which is NEVER). The wryn are also interesting but I don't really care for bug people. Call it an IC reason due to some IC jerks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use