Communication Console

BiberDark

Please give the Ai the possibililty back to use the communication console. It is highly annoying that I cant set Alarm Levels or use the normal Announcement System.

Alarm Levels would be : Green / Blue / Biohazard / "Invasion" // For Code RED and above ID´cards are still neccessary.

Text announcement: So that the Ai can visivly communictae with crew. The voice announcement is missing some critical words.

For example : Alien, Spider, Lifeform, Evacuation Procedure ( there is only evacuate ) ...

The possiblity to recall a shuttle would be nice but are open to discussion // Using a fax to send a message to nanotrasen

The AI is a command-supplemental role, not command.

While I'd love to be the dictator the station deserves, I don't think it's fair.

The only thing that should not be controversial is the text announcement. But without the need for a console.

Just use a simple verb.

I dont see why a AI who can set alarm levels like in the past is an dictator.

It only means that i can set an alarm if there is an hullbreach or Danger for the crew. So that i can warn them .

And as also mentioned red and above are meatbag exclusive.

The AI being able to perform shuttle calls is bad enough.

It's not bad. It's logical and imperative. You want the station to die when all of command is dead and there are breaches everywhere?

When the captain is away fighting some kind of wretched demon and asks the AI to call the shuttle, it's good. Why would it be bad?

The AI is meant to guard the station and supplement the command crew. The AI has special laws. AI acts according to the laws. Not being able to call the shuttle would be a slap in the face.

The ability to switch between blue and green would be nice, but reserving other levels for actual command staff or centcomm (AI can't go to red alert or lift a red alert/gamma/quarentine). The ability to send encoded messages to centcom (or syndicate for traitor/hacked AIs) would also be nice. Can't really think of a reason the AI would need the other functions when they can do similiar thing via their hud/ui

Can't really think of a reason the AI would need the other functions when they can do similiar thing via their hud/ui

No text announcements.

The AI has text to speech and can use stationed bounced radios even in an ion storm. Text to sspeech could definitely use an expanded list of words but I've never felt the need for text announcments as the AI. Besides, 80% of text announce are 'SUIT SENSORS!K or the clown using the console after someone stayed logged in.

The AI has text to speech and can use stationed bounced radios even in an ion storm. Text to sspeech could definitely use an expanded list of words but I've never felt the need for text announcments as the AI. Besides, 80% of text announce are 'SUIT SENSORS!K or the clown using the console after someone stayed logged in.

Irrelevant. It's not the same. And there are some useful text announcements too, for instance - reasoning behind red alert or important status updates.

Just because you wouldn't use this feature doesn't mean other AIs won't.

AI is a very important role and its commands or warnings get lost in the radio chatter way too easily.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use