Remove robotics' access to RnD

Chicken12341

You can't be an Engineer job and just go "EHH FUCK THE SING AND SOLARS I WANNA GO BUIIIIIIIIIIIILD" without getting called out on it

That's actually been going on a bit lately if I recall. Either missing engineers or they've been just walking off somewhere. The problem is even if you do get called out on it that doesn't mean they'll go do it unless they are hunted down. That will most likely happen in the case of engineers. For scientists though, ehhhhh, I don't see it too much. They're important yeah, but not as important as Engineering. Science has more widespread use than Engineering who are more centralized in powering the station. Science just makes life more convenient

Actually, getting Nanopaste and PACMAN boards from the protolathe and circuit printer are easy, I only print out circuits after I've upgraded the machines to pico manips and super matter bins, this way I don't waste acid.

They are free on the outpost, and hence why I label them, building nanopaste yourself requires use of robotics parts or mining drills to get to materials 4, which is basically tossing 2-4 sheets of metal in the trash.

I feel like a big issue here is that if you do this then roboticists are completely hung out to dry when Science doesn't have someone doing RnD or when there aren't any scientists around. There should be a priority for people being able to fill the things that they're completely reliant on if need be (in the case of Roboticists NEEDING RnD to build), as opposed to someone having to deal with somebody else possibly stepping on their toes in RnD, in my opinion.

The problem of R&D not functioning is sort of why the RD exists.

Though his primary purpose is apparently meant to keep them from going out of control, the whole point of having a head of staff is to solve issues like this, and there's hardly a shortage of RD players.

RDs who actually contribute anything to the department however... ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use