First Aid Kits

Taedra

Playing around as not a doctor recently has forced me to try to sometimes find alternatives to the usual advanced first aid kit that I'm used to for keeping infections out and bleeding stopped when dealing with the odd space carp or being shot by a laser has given me some interesting perspective on not having access to advanced medical options.

Firstly I've noticed that even as a doctor I quickly try to locate and put a regular first aid kit in my backpack simply because styptic powder patches are MUCH more effected at treating multiple heavy-medium wounds, same goes for the burn patches. The regular first aid kits while having the disadvantage of not as many uses of its contents I feel like it is a much better alternative to the advanced first aid kits. (However that probably is the point, to have a single use stabilizing agent so that the rest can be disinfected and sealed up later is the most portent point of "first aid") My suggestion however is to change the contents of the regular first aid kits outright.

I suggest that instead of styptic patches and burn patches to have gauze and ointment instead, also to not have a medical scanner. (Although again this may be a bad idea since they override the advance kits and prevent them from being used on injuries treated with gauze or ointment.)

I really would like to see an increased use of gauze and ointment in general because I feel like thats what people should be using in emergencies to tape themselves up to make it to med-bay, even maybe have splints in the mini nano-med dispensers or even just more of them in the general halls.

Kind of a minor and not very important suggestion but again I would really like to see ointment and gauze used more since they are there, but the only places I know where the dispensers are, are at cargo and in the engineering lobby area. (I know there are a few others but I recall that there arent many more than that.)

*shrug*

an odd suggestion I suppose but I thought I would put the idea forward while it was on my mind, at the very least I would like to know about how much people use ointment and gauze, because I honestly feel like I'm one of the few that use them.

I guess you could use the argument that we are in the year 2559 AD. If we have teleportation and clowns, I think stuff like burn patches and styptic powder patches aren't out of the question. I see the point, though.

There are plenty across the station, it's not really something you can say... yeah you use it now.

Chemistry would just make the patches instead, or even health crazed scientists who are into the synthflesh sprays and that.

Putting them in regular first aid kits... I doubt it'd enforce the usage you're after.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use