Bringing back wall melting.

Mrs Dobbins

But make the temperature threshold where walls melt much higher and introduce "plasma reinforced walls" on the incinerator and the plasma burn chamber. Frankly fire is completely toothless at present and having fire as an actual risk would be fun.

When I put on the Atmosian jumpsuit I want to feel like a protector of the station, not an assistant with engineering access that sits around debating different ways of cooling gas. I wanna be out there fighting fires and panic siphoning rooms, not waiting around on my arse waiting for toxins to screw up.

Oh no, the first time I EVER melted a wall was such a horrible experience. I think it was Bay code and I only blame myself for thinking Toxins was the same.

Seeing that I don't play Science much if at all and noting I will NEVER use Toxins for anything, I don't mind this being put in. Just keep me away from Toxins plz :)

"plasma reinforced walls" on the incinerator and the plasma burn chamber.

These areas actually already have "coated reinforced walls" which gave them a far higher threshold (if not outright immunity) to being melted.

That said, the wall melting was a very annoying mechanic that I am not sad to have seen removed. Further, wall melting won't really give you the excitement you want, since there simply just aren't many fires to fight that aren't outright grief (plasma flooding/fires), so bringing back wall melting won't really change that.

That aside, I do want to see fuel tank wrenching re-introduced, as it was largely removed due to ZAS and the wall-melting (both of which are now long-gone) and was a "slightly" less destructive source of fires.

LINDA is pretty bad code when it comes to fire. They happen, but they are very small and very short unless you spread the plasma first, unlike ZAS fires which could be rolling fireballs that would consume the entire station if not contained. LINDA is just too slow, the plasma will eat up the oxygen in a tile, snuff it's self out with the CO2 or burn a hole through the floor before spreading very far, in order to get those big station wrecking fires of old, you need a constant supply of high pressure plasma and Oxygen to keep spreading ahead of the flames themselves.

LINDA is pretty bad code when it comes to fire. They happen, but they are very small and very short unless you spread the plasma first, unlike ZAS fires which could be rolling fireballs that would consume the entire station if not contained. LINDA is just too slow, the plasma will eat up the oxygen in a tile, snuff it's self out with the CO2 or burn a hole through the floor before spreading very far, in order to get those big station wrecking fires of old, you need a constant supply of high pressure plasma and Oxygen to keep spreading ahead of the flames themselves.

Yeah, I never liked that all consuming hellfire from days of ZAS. Whole hallways would get wrecked and stay aflame until you panic siphoned all the gasses out. And FORBID anyone to open even one door into that burning room! Might as well make plant vines that set you on fire.

Yeah, I never liked that all consuming hellfire from days of ZAS. Whole hallways would get wrecked and stay aflame until you panic siphoned all the gasses out. And FORBID anyone to open even one door into that burning room! Might as well make plant vines that set you on fire.

Actually back in ZAS the best way to deal with fire was to manually disable vents. Then switch the scrubbers to Plasma, O2 only. Leave everything else, the fire would soon burn itself out.

Then to deal with temperature different set the room to cycle so that it syphoned and pushed in new air. I could fix a room in 10 minutes on ZAS after a fire provided the scrubbers network was not tampered with first.

With LINDA that best thing to do that gets close to fire without the loss burn out is to make a nice horrible mix in in Toxins or Atmos and pump it into a canister. I once killed everyone on the escape shuttle by having a container will 1 million KPA of CO2 that was at something like 10,000 degrees C.

No one realised what was going on until they were all charred messes.

I once killed everyone on the escape shuttle by having a container will 1 million KPA of CO2 that was at something like 10,000 degrees C.

... Excuse me, I'm going to play on a local server for a while. No reason really, just feel like it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use