Diona Station 13

Tauka Usanake

The diona reproductive cycle eventually results in the humanoid diona, in their 'seed' or 'samen' state, making a pilgrimage of sorts to a communally agreed-upon site - either a gas giant or a star, depending on the 'strain' of the individuals. Once there, they interlink their bodies and enter an orbit around the celestial body, fusing and merging into a fledgeling superorganism that will eventually grow to the size of a space station. The gestalt feeds on the gasses and emissions of the star or planet, converting them into myriad useful forms or storing them in sacs and bladders for buoyancy in atmosphere, or in recent years, for trade with interested bodies

I've thought about this a few times and I think I also read somewhere that diona can also sometimes integrate technology into themselves? Either way, what if there was a Diona space station? It might be possible that they could harvest plasma from a star or gas giant and the crew could take advantage of that. They could have certain station components built into the diona gestalt like sleep rooms and a COMPLETELY SEPARATE Toxins area. The station might also be self-powered as the gestalt uses radiation and might be able to use it for certain lighting inside. Machinery might need proper wiring however but that's for Science to work out.

Just thought this could be an interesting idea. If not for a completely new station idea then maybe an away map.

A long while back, I suggested letting dionae sacrifice their ability to move and heal to become something like a blob that doesn't hurt anyone or block any paths, and have interfaces and such. It was shot down pretty quick, though.

I like the idea of that but it would be overpowered unless we made dionaea a karma species since it already is amazing, however we all know that wont happen, I think that dionaea should be able to make a dionaea station as the ai of it basicly, however it cannot cover tiles which already have materials, such as metal flooring, and If you build a computer the dionaea will kind of interface into it and change how it looks slightly, just my 2 cents.

A long while back, I suggested letting dionae sacrifice their ability to move and heal to become something like a blob that doesn't hurt anyone or block any paths, and have interfaces and such. It was shot down pretty quick, though.

I'm not saying I want diona to transform into station parts. Rather have a pre-built station that has a gestalt or multiple in control of the station, kind of like how an AI would be.

I like the idea of that but it would be overpowered unless we made dionaea a karma species since it already is amazing, however we all know that wont happen, I think that dionaea should be able to make a dionaea station as the ai of it basicly, however it cannot cover tiles which already have materials, such as metal flooring, and If you build a computer the dionaea will kind of interface into it and change how it looks slightly, just my 2 cents.

The issue does come up that diona would technically be able to merge with the station right away so that's a concern. I mean for obvious reasons that wouldn't be supported.

What, exactly, would happen if you just "accidentally" dropped your whole can of Plant-B-Gone on the station floor?

How many people even use that? I always play as botanist and I never even look at those bottles. For that matter, it would probably melt a hole into the floor eventually with damage slowly spreading but not becoming something massive. Given crew assistance to the damaged posioned spots the gestalt would be able to regrow the turf.

one day I'm going to play as AI and RP as a Diona.

I want a diona AI hologram now and one of their long ass names to match. "The congregation of specks that shine in an endless sea of whispers full of harmony and sweet praise of joy"

... That's my diona's name for now on. No one can steal it from me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use