Stealth Ops or how Paradise learnt to love the Bomb

Taaketa

Briefing

Nanotrasen is a direct rival of Cybermax Operations they have recently opened a Plasma research and commerce station in deep space and declared an asteroid as their find. We had plans to take that location for ourselves for the lucrative supply of plasma energy we could mine. Destroy NSS Cyberaid, leave the structures they've built on the asteroid for our use.

Setup

Here I am assigned to suicide duty. Plenty of teams have assaulted stations like this before and been met with lethal force. Doesn't help they've implanted me with this bomb in my head to make me anymore assured that I am getting away alive. I mean that, of course, in the most sarcastic way possible.

To make matters worse. I do not even know who my fellow operatives are, we've all been named as 1 through 5 and the commander of the operation as the leader.

Regardless of this teams motivations I know exactly what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it. If I can go in stealth, I can 'appear' as to help Cybermax. Worst case scenario I use one of their DNA scramblers and they'll never be able to track me down. Bum a ride back with Nanotrasen get back to Earth and I have an entirely new identity. They would never find me.

We begin our discussions. I immediately put forward I'd like to be a stealth team member, slip onto the station, locate the authorisation disk. Tell them where it is and let them handle the gun work. What I didn't tell them, is I'd be keeping my head down.

I'm immediately talked over by Operative #3, he wants to go in stealth AND lead it. Some discussion takes place. The Leader suggests that we all go Stealth. My plans are already crumbling around me... how can I escape if there is no distraction? I elect to remain on the shuttle and 'guard' it. Ready to transport the nuke for when they find the disk. The Leader opts to stay on board with me. Maybe, he has the same idea as me?

Anyway after much discussion gear is issued. At this point, the team are equipped with DNA scramblers, Cameleon projectors, suppressors and their 9mm guns we were all equipped to start with. Disguises are prepared with multi-coloured jumpsuits for each of the nuke team. 3 of them are dressed up with their DNA scrambled and their IDs showing their new 'identity'. The first part of the foundation to our plan is laid.

I give the operatives who are going stealth 3 objectives. Not being the leader, but being that I wanted to live out of this. I give the Stealth Ops team members 3 objectives.

[*]Mix with the crew. Get a regular headset and swap encryption key into it for syndicate channels.

[*]Locate the Nuke disk and relay it back to shuttle team.

[*]Secure Nuke disk. Provided they avoid getting caught.

If they do secure the disk but do get caught. They are to dump it down disposals were we can rally to cargo and secure the disk. As the backup plan at least. I have my misgivings. I suggest there is a nearby abandoned teleporter station we could steal a board from to teleport the crew in. We plan to locate the board and use it. The rest of the TC is spent on prepping the stealth team. I use my own to get an SMG and 2 spare clips and a couple of C4.

The leader takes us to the shuttle, I bring Syndifox along for company.

Execution - Stealth

We arrive at Tcomms. I barely remember the exact location for the abandoned teleport but I know the general location. I attempt to find it and foolishly get lost in space. In the end I somehow find my way to the mining asteroid. I tell my team members I failed in my task and personally in staying alive. A big scary red hardsuit does not garner favours. I tell the team to go ahead without me, they'll need another method of boarding the station. In the meantime, I continue to scour the mining asteroid, preferably looking for a miner. If I cannot hide my own identity from Cybermax then I will simply become a NT employee.

At this point the team boards. Radio silence commences, although I do hear on the radio that the Leader has somehow killed himself from eating too many donk pockets. So that seemed like a great start to our mission. At this point I concentrate on my original plan. I search the asteroid nearly getting caught by a mining borg. I had to forego my equipment bag in favour of having a jetpack to assist me with my search for the teleporter board. So I only have my 9mm and a spare clip for it in my pocket. I do, however, still have the pin pointer for the nuke disc. So maybe I can pull this off after all?

After some roaming around the asteroid I find a Xenoarch working near the Research outpost. I pull my 9mm out and shoot him with a full clip. I will adopt his ID. I change and do the most riskiest thing ever. Swapping a hardsuit for his xenoarch suit. I barely get away with it, but somehow it's my lucky day. He had a med kit in his bag. I patch my wounds and head to station via the outpost. Apparently he was able to warn I was on the asteroid. But the foolish AI PDAed him to ask what was going on. I spin some lie about a miner wearing a black hardsuit stolen from another part of the asteroid and they AI falls for it.

I quickly speed back to the main station. We're around 45 minutes into the mission now and I could still try to escape now I have taken on someone's identity. Ivan Ooze, that's the name. Poor guy died to the vacuum of space. Anyway... I get on board, grab a bite to eat. Then find a gasmask to obscure my face. No one seems to care I'm roaming about with a xenoarch suit on. Must be perfectly normal on this station to wear spacesuits inside.

I find somewhere quiet and hop on comms. Trying to raise the others to let them know I could help. At this point I may as well. Helen, operative 4's adopted identity. Has remained on the ship after the leader died. She is flying it and coordinating help. I explain to her my situation and go off to identify the location of the nuke disk.

Securing the Disk

Following my pinpointer I end up in security maint. It's not getting specific but I figure the Nuke disk is somewhere inside security. The only way to truly find out is go EVA and try to locate it from space. I inform Helen and I'm about to locate a toolkit so I can get outside without raising too much attention. But what is in the backpack? A full toolkit in a box. Man I love this Ivan guy. Sorry I had to kill you. Rest assured I used your money to feed myself though. So you are a good host.

After EVAing I receive some intercepted messages on my radio. An engineer was on the same solar array as me. I just barely must've missed him. I proceed to look for the Nuke disk and could it have been in an easier location? Right on the edge of the HOS' office facing space. I call Op #4 in with the shuttle. I have some C4 perfect for the job. Op #4 moves the shuttle to the station's fore starboard solar array. I make my way back, thanks to my good buddy Ivan. I have a fire extinguisher to move around space. I get back on board the shuttle. Tell Op #4 my plan.

As I'm about to leave though. Bryon Op #3 reports in. He has experienced the same issue as me. He has figured the nuke disc is in Sec but cannot be specific. I tell him and ask him can he get to the HOS' office without being noticed. He tells me not easily. Suggests getting a job as a Sec officer. I'm concerned this would reveal us and tell him to hold off. It is best I go with my approach. I ask Op #3 to locate a suitable place for us to deploy the nuke, near arrivals perhaps.

In the meantime. I take the the C4 and head to the HOS' office. Op #4 takes the shuttle away to Tcoms again to hide our presence whilst I secure the disk. Blowing open the HOS' office I move quickly to locate the disk. Damn thing is inside the HOS' locker. I have no choice but to take the whole thing with me. Quickly moving I am able to extract it away from the HOS' office and to the fore starboard solars. Op #4 brings the shuttle back in. I board with the HOS' locker. Op #4 luckily had an emag to override the locker's ID lock. We secure the disk and Op #4 puts it on her belt. At this point we have not heard from Op#2 or #5. Instead I, Op #3 And Op #4 decide to complete our mission. I'll get away alive after all and make Cybermax pleased and this suits me.

We arrange to meet at Arrivals with the Nuke, arm it and leave.

Nuke Deployment

When Op #3 went to prepare the Nuke he opened a space into disposals. It caused a breach and alerted engineers. I decided we need a change of plan. So we diverted to the aft port solars. We get in open the space doors override the APC and switch off the lights. AI won't see us now. Op #3 meets up there and we provide him with a suit and tank so he can escape with us to the shuttle. We’ve been making enough noise on our own comms channel now that any operatives left alive should’ve heard we were planting the nuke.

Before leaving the ship with the nuke I was dumb enough to discover how the leader died. Cybermax laced the donk pockets with meth and did not let the microwave work! Damn bastards were trying to kill us before we even began! Anyway... the whole time we're arming the nuke. I'm coming off a high from meth. It was painful to say the least.

The nuke gets armed by Op #4 and the station is none the wiser. We head back to the shuttle with a 3 minute timer on the nuke. The lowest we dare set it to let us get away from the blast but also not get detected.

I head back fast as my comedown is slowly killing me and I'm throwing up inside the suit. No, seriously my legs were sloshing when I moved. Plus the smell, god the smell. What was in those donk pockets, apart from the meth I mean, I know when I've taken meth.

Anyway regardless... I get to the shuttle medbay run a scanner over myself and promptly whack my head off a table as Op #4 launches the shuttle back to Cybermax staging post. When I finally come to, I inject a tonne of charcoal into me and I feel better already.

On our way back to Cybermax, we get confirmation the station is destroyed, right on schedule. I can only hope I live once I'm back at the staging post.

Total Mission Time: 1 hour 34 minutes.

Casualties: 3. 2 Unknown, presumed dead in blast. 1 died from Meth overdose and implant explosion.

Or give the disk to someone that nobody would suspect to have it.

A stealth team that leaves their options open will just track down the Nuke disc with their pinpointers.

Lucky lucky! I saw you as Ivan that round and Ivan is a relatively good friend of mine, but I decided I didn't feel like talking to him.

I could have blown your cover sky high if I decided to talk to you, since Ivan has a very specific pattern of speech and pretty much always stops dead in his tracks to have a chat if I pester him.

I think I saw Syndifox in medbay a few times too but decided nothing of it and figured he got adminbused there.

Alas, I was but a wee pharmacologist.

Lucky lucky! I saw you as Ivan that round and Ivan is a relatively good friend of mine, but I decided I didn't feel like talking to him.

I could have blown your cover sky high if I decided to talk to you, since Ivan has a very specific pattern of speech and pretty much always stops dead in his tracks to have a chat if I pester him.

I think I saw Syndifox in medbay a few times too but decided nothing of it and figured he got adminbused there.

Alas, I was but a wee pharmacologist.

I sorta had a plan for that. But I will admit I was hugging maint as much as I could to avoid any encounters. Sad part is as antag I've kiled Ivan brutally twice now. Once as a traitor were I was miner and he was in Science giving me a hand. I sleepy penned him, teleported to the asteroid and threw his body down the disposal chute still in sleepy state.

Or give the disk to someone that nobody would suspect to have it.

A stealth team that leaves their options open will just track down the Nuke disc with their pinpointers.

Oh yeah, pinpointers....

That was pretty lucky the place of the disk. Crew was asking for it. But still, gg.

NOTE TO CAPTAIN:Always keep the nuke disk in your backpack please. It results in less dying.

In this instance, it would have actually been better if the disk was never touched at all.

The Captain's office is WAY more secure that the HoS' office, is right beside central primary and the bridge (Two high traffic areas), whereas the HoS has an open window directly to space and nobody (not even security) even goes within view range of that office after getting their equipment.

• 1 month later...

By the way, can't we use surgery to put the disk inside the Captain, preventing syndies from simply looting the Captain's dead body for the disk?

Wasn't that a blacklisted item?

Also

g i b b i n g

By the way, can't we use surgery to put the disk inside the Captain, preventing syndies from simply looting the Captain's dead body for the disk?

Wasn't that a blacklisted item?

Also

g i b b i n g

Wait, there are items that are blacklisted from being put inside someone by cavity surgery, aside from ones that don't fit?

I was making a guess, is all. Doesn't look like there are any, though.

But still,

* The nukie gibs the captain with his lolchainsaw because fuck everything.

* The captain whines in deadchat.

"It was a perfect plan. Fuckin' nukies."

topkek

The NAD is unimplantable, but can technically be implanted by putting it in a box and implanting it.

It's also a great way to get bwoinked for deliberate use of exploits.

If the nukies kill the Captain, who has the disk, they by all means should have the disk and not have to spend 30 minutes trying to do surgery - or gibbing the guy (which destroys implanted items, for reference).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use