Constructable deep fryers

Stephanov

Earlier today I thought, why not use the resources of the garden and make an independent fast food restaurant? Sadly, it would appear you can't actually make a deep fryer because no circuit boards are available.

So looking through the code, I found every kitchen machine is constructable with exception of deep fryers. So here's me suggesting the capability to build them be added.

I modified the code of the microwave, using this and this, but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.

/obj/item/weapon/circuitboard/deepfryer

name = "circuit board (Deep fryer)"

build_path = /obj/machinery/cooker/deepfryer

board_type = "machine"

origin_tech = "programming=1"

frame_desc = "Requires 1 Micro Laser, 2 pieces of cable and 1 Console Screen."

req_components = list(

/obj/item/weapon/stock_parts/micro_laser = 1,

/obj/item/stack/cable_coil = 2,

/obj/item/weapon/stock_parts/console_screen = 1)

Deep fryers weren't made construct able like the rest of the kitchen machinery because (at the time) it was an old machine with little true use. Prior to my update which made the grill, oven, and candy maker operate like the microwave, only microwaves were construct able.

Now that the deep fryer is beginning to get some meaningful uses, I'll look into making the deep fryer both construct able AND upgradeable. Processor too, if it's not already.

A completely buildable kitchen should let civvies/engineers really repurpose maint bar or whatever... Assuming the science nerds give you the parts!

Deep fryers weren't made construct able like the rest of the kitchen machinery because (at the time) it was an old machine with little true use. Prior to my update which made the grill, oven, and candy maker operate like the microwave, only microwaves were construct able.

Now that the deep fryer is beginning to get some meaningful uses, I'll look into making the deep fryer both construct able AND upgradeable. Processor too, if it's not already.

A completely buildable kitchen should let civvies/engineers really repurpose maint bar or whatever... Assuming the science nerds give you the parts!

I just always thought it was great to have a greasy kitchen stacked to the max with unhealthy food. ;D

Science is usually pretty nice if the server isn't blobbed at any rate.

You forgot to mention that a completely buildable kitchen would also relieve the fact of when there's no "Chef" on the station. Tired of rounds of where no one is in charge of the kitchen and the rest of the station is left starving and barely living on jerky and chips.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use