[Medical] Robustaciline

Stephanov

Ever notice how medical seems to have many cool features later in the round apart from the ability to treat serious infections really quickly? Notice how often it ends up in one person using up all spaceacillin available, only to find out the person being treated is still infected?

Well I sure have.

So, I suggest the following item:

"Robustacillin"

Description: Advanced spaceacillin that can treat even the worst of infections. Also stops disease progression dead in its tracks.

In-game description: Spacacillin's more robust cousin. Stops disease progression as long as it is in the bloodstream. A horribly punny wizard is quoted to have said: "For when you have ei'nath of infections." Rumors say it's so effective because it's too spicy for diseases.

Recipe: 1pt spaceacillin, 1pt sterilizine, 1pt capsaicin

I've managed to write the code for making the recipe as it is literally copy-paste. Not sure on the disease progression or infection code though as it's way too complicated for me.

robustacillin

name = "Robustacillin"

id = "robustacillin"

description = "Spacacillin's more robust cousin. Stops disease progression as long as it is in the bloodstream. A horribly punny wizard is quoted to have said: "For when you have ei'nath of infections." Rumors say it's so effective because it's too spicy for diseases."

reagent_state = LIQUID

color = "#A34545"

on_mob_life(var/mob/living/M as mob)

..()

return

robustacillin

name = "Robustacillin"

id = "robustacillin"

result = "robustacillin"

required_reagents = list("spaceacillin" = 1, "sterilizine" = 1, "capsaicin" =1)

result_amount = 3

mix_message = "The antibiotic solvent becomes noticably more robust in texture."

Its quite annoying when you are doing surgery and you eliminate all of the infections- But dear god! What is that? An infection on the internal organs? And its in a medium stage? Quick drown him in all of the spacaciline only to find out that there is a molecule of it left but... You are all out!

Man it would make for a great Grey's Anatomy episode.

Its quite annoying when you are doing surgery and you eliminate all of the infections- But dear god! What is that? An infection on the internal organs? And its in a medium stage? Quick drown him in all of the spacaciline only to find out that there is a molecule of it left but... You are all out!

I just want to say I love Scrubmcnoob's avatar when I read this. xD

It's always that one bugger who completely ignores his/her symptoms for a while, finally comes in and it turns out he/she left it to the point where every single one of his/her limbs have an acute infection. You spend like an hour treating the bugger with every little bit of spaceallin, or hell a replacement organ if you're lucky enough to have found one.. Only to have said ungrateful bugger go SSD because he/she couldn't be bothered to be patient.. A simpler method of treating infected organs would be grand.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use