Shuttle call and Recall

PokeMoney

Maybe add a little message box for people calling and recalling the emergency shuttle? Totally optional but would be handy in case we end up with Captain Snowflake who calls it because of rumors of shadow people.

I have a few thoughts on shuttle code, I don't know if other servers use these ideas, might have influenced mine since I haven't played on anything but Paradise in months:

1) Code Requirements; Station must be in Code Red (or higher) to call a Shuttle. Being in Code Blue requires Two Heads of Staff to swipe (as though raising to Red or ERT) and sets the station at Red Alert in doing so. Shuttle can not be called in Green, crew transfers being the exception here.

2) Shuttle Reason; Who ever initially tries to summon the Shuttle is given a text box to put a brief answer to why a shuttle is being called (Common entries would include 'Singularity is loose', 'Nuclear Operatives', 'Meteors', 'Structural Integrity Compromised' (heavy breaching/massive bombings)

3) Shuttle Preparedness; Shuttle ETA timer is set to 20 minutes by default, but being in Code Blue or Code Red for extended periods of time reduces this duration to reflect CentComm monitoring the situation and preparing on their end. Being in Code Blue for 30 minutes or longer would reduce the Shuttle ETA to 10 minutes. Being in Code Red for 20 minutes or longer would reduced the timer to 5 minutes. Reducing the Code would reset this timer, so going to Green would restore the 20 minute wait, going from Red to Blue would add 5 minutes to the timer up to the maximum 20 minutes.

In theory, this would encourage players to focus on solving the problems in the situation to the best of their nature, or at least be a little more proactive in use of SoP (and Admins could Fax Command Staff if they feel they are just going to higher alert to reduce the shuttle rather than dealing with antags), rewarding Command staff who actually try to deter and deal with round antagonists with an early out if things get too hairy for them, and punishing Command Staff who don't do their job properly by just randomly calling the shuttle when they can't deal with the situation and have been in green the entire shift despite multiple deaths.

The major exception here, being Singularity releases, as there is usually little to no warning about these, though it would give the Captain/Other heads a damn good reason to keep on Engineering's ass about proper engine care.

+ readd the possibility for the ai to recall the shuttle and set alarm levels ( biohazard, blue, green, radiation..) Red is still considered for humans with two head id´s.

Edited by Guest

No problem dissable the cam at the bridge. I dont want a recall function in the tabs, i want to use this console.

A nice addition would be , to be able to write announcements.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use