Medical Cyborg love

thehuntedsnark

Personally I really enjoy playing Cyborgs in this server but it would be nice if Medical Cyborgs were a little more useful. There really isn't much you can do at the moment beyond sticking people with Tricordrazine. I think adding the ability to remotely access Patient Monitoring and equipping them with Body Bags and Stasis Bags would make them a little more useful and wouldn't be open to abuse at all.

What do you think?

What about two borg options? The standard medical however with some more medicine, and the other is a surgical borg. With VERY basic medicine, but access to surgical tools. Along with a rechargeable anesthesia shot as it can't put the person to sleep with the normal method.

I can't agree enough that medical borgs should be able to have the Crew Monitor enabled 24/7.

I'm a bit weary of giving them a suite of regular surgical tools, as that would make them a little bit too robust.

Like their mounted hypospray, which can only synthesize 3 chemicals, I propose giving them a miniature saw which can only be used for surgery. It would act as both a scalpel and a saw during surgery, but it would work much slower in either role: taking 5-10 seconds longer for being used in a scalpel's context, and 10-20 seconds longer when used in a sawblade's context. I'd be agreeable with adding the usual suite of the cautery, bone gel, bone setter, and hemostat clamps; their uses are too contextual to be practical outside of a surgery room.

The only time a borg should be robust is if A) They are a flaming shitlord B) Some douche uploads laws that permit it C) The AI interprets some aspect of their laws as requiring borgs to go beat shit in the head.

Worrying about robust borgs seems silly, as there is rarely a situation in which they would need to be robust, ESPECIALLY under Asimov.

The issue with that "Surgical" borg, Especially with anesthesia, Is that it would be abused unless you could find some way to karma-lock it.

All borgs can EASILY be abused, make anestesia take about 5 seconds to inject with. Sec borgs can harmbaton and space, engineer borgs can flash and space, or even decompress areas and kill many people at once. Medical borg is well below those. I think adding a surgical and medical choice for borgs would work perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

They do need a buff though, they become useless if station gets into chaos. you can only treat a guy or two with the speed your chemicals recharge. THEY ONLY HAVE TRICOR AS USEFULL THING. Increase the recharge rate. even if the chem is not selected on the hypospray it needs regen. Give them a sort of adv scanner capability too. making them super more usefull on the field or even as surgery assistant. Or maybe give them a stasis capability, to stasis a guy near dead. freezing his status while protecting him against environment. while dragging his ass to medbay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use